To continue its post-launch support of Axis Football 17, Axis Games has released a new patch for the game via Steam.
The patch features a number of changes to the game’s stat tracking mechanic, including adding a number of new categories like Yards Per Carry and Forced Fumbles.
The full patch notes can be found below:
- Redesigned and improved individual player stat tracking for games. All players – including backups – that have stats in the selected category will be shown. All individual stats are now sortable.
- Individual player stats are also tracked for Franchise Mode. All teams in the league and all players on the teams will have their stats tracked. You can also view the individual stats of any team – not just your own.
- Several new stat categories have been added to the game including Yards Per Carry, Yards Per Game, Longest Rush/Pass/Reception, Forced Fumbles, and several more.
- A new League Leaders window has been added to Franchise Mode. This shows the top 5 players in each stat category in the game.
- Simulated matches will now take into account the current roster and depth chart of a team.
- When you lose it the playoff, the game will now simulate the remaining games to show the conclusion of the season and the winner of the Axis Bowl.
- Team-based season stats can now be sorted in both ascending and descending order.
- Improved QB throwing accuracy so receivers can catch the ball in stride more often.
- Added a “Years Pro” attribute to each player that is visible when you are cutting players. This will help show which players were just drafted.
- Improved offensive line blocking and adjusted the logic for how often (and how quickly) blocks are broken. We were seeing a higher-than-desired number of sacks.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing running back from being able to locate holes to run though.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the announcer to sometimes say the wrong return amount for kick and punt returns.
- Fixed a bug in Spectator mode where the popup stats would sometimes be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a higher than normal number of interceptions that occur.
Axis Football 17 is available now on Steam. If you missed it, you can check out Sports Gamers Online’s full review of the latest in the Axis Football franchise.