Early Wednesday morning, EA Sports released Tuner 1.01 for NHL 19 that has further tweaked the playing experience specifically for poke-checking and for goalie AI. Here is the full list of tweaks made:
- Poke checks now need to get a slightly larger piece of the player to cause them to trip
- Increase to poke-check accuracy when poking to ideal angles
- Additional tuning for how goalies read the future puck position/potential shot position on dekes
- Added consistency for user goalies to transition to post hug at extreme facing directions
- Tuning for goalies commitment logic when considering dropping to butterfly
- Decreased team energy gain off whistles – was allowing 1st and 2nd lines to be put out more often than intended
- AI goalies are more likely to come out to play the puck on long dump-ins
- Players are now unable to drop their stick in Ones
The new poke-checking mechanics were a highlighted change coming into NHL 19. Seeing that EA wants to fine-tune this aspect of gameplay is encouraging to see.
Did you like the tweaks EA made? Are there any changes you want to see in the future? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!