What's new

D. Sterling's appeal of Clippers sale denied

• Thread starter ESPN.com news services
  • Start date

Britanica

Rookie
I still can't believe he let his mouth get him into so much crap. I don't think it was right to demand he gave up something he owned though. I can bet any money there are far more racist people in the NBA, both blacks and whites for that matter. It is a shame that this got out of control like it did though. I feel bad for the team and Sterling's wife.

SGO Thermal

Administrator
Staff member
I still can't believe he let his mouth get him into so much crap. I don't think it was right to demand he gave up something he owned though. I can bet any money there are far more racist people in the NBA, both blacks and whites for that matter. It is a shame that this got out of control like it did though. I feel bad for the team and Sterling's wife.

Not really about giving up what he owned, it's more about him not abiding by the rules of NBA ownership he signed off on.

For example if I joined an exclusive country club and then was later found to have made racist/offensive remarks to others. According to the bylaws of that club I could lose my "membership" even though I paid for it, no different than an NBA team.