What's new

NBA 2K17 Gameplay Blog With Mike Wang

The Natural

Administrator
Staff member
What’s up, 2K fans?! Mike Wang here to give you the scoop on some of the hotness our gameplay team has in store for you this year! I know a lot of news has already come out about some of the gameplay features for NBA 2K17 but hopefully this blog can give you a fuller picture of what to expect when you get your hands on the game and clear up some of the questions you might have. So let’s jump into it!

SKILLS MATTER
Each dev cycle we have a million things we want to accomplish on the gameplay front, but if I had to sum up the main goal for NBA 2K17 it would be this: MAKE THE SKILL OF THE GAMER MATTER.

The new layup timing system makes you feel like you actually have a chance to impact those tough and-1 contact shots in heavy traffic.
One of the most noticeable applications of this idea is in the area of shooting. In NBA 2K17, ALL shots (with the exception of dunks) have a timing mechanism to them. Jump shots, layups, hooks, buzzerbeater pullups, even full court heaves. Our goal here was to engage the user in every shot attempt from beginning to end, rather than just have you guys kicking off animations and hoping for the best. Now I know what you’re thinking, “Layups? I have trouble hitting layups already, isn’t this just going to make it even harder for me?” The way layup timing has been implemented, the timing modifier acts primarily as a bonus to reward users who can master it but won’t punish you if you can’t do it or ignore the shot meter completely. So if you beat your defender and have a wide open lane or are finishing off a fastbreak layup with no one around, you’re not going to brick the shot even if you completely ignore the timing feature. The cool thing about layup timing, is it makes you feel like you actually have a chance to impact those tough and-1 contact shots in heavy traffic. So the more you practice, the more you can look like Kyrie finishing those ridiculous circus shots that he makes look so easy. And don’t worry, on the flipside the system is also tuned in such a way that prevents bad shot selection or chucking from half court from being a viable offensive strategy. You still have to take good shots with the right guys to be successful.

More at the link below:
http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/nba-2k17-gameplay-blog-mike-wang/