As part of an event in London today, Sony has announced that Gran Turismo Sport is headed for the PS4 on November 15th.
According to the PlayStation Blog, Gran Turismo Sport will be the first game to feature global, online competitions sanctioned by the FIA, or Federation International Automobile. Throughout the game, you’ll be working to create a legacy and compete for your home town or favorite manufacturer through a number of different race classes, including GT3, Prototype, Rally, and more.
Also announced are the pre-order bonuses up for grabs. You knew it was coming, and yes, each individual retailer will offer different incentives. Pre-ordering at any outlet will give you early access to a 3-car pack, which includes the following:
- Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car
- Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3
- Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1
Here’s what you’ll get from your favorite retailers:
- GameStop – 2x Early Access Bonus Cars
- Chevrolet Corvette Group 3
- Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24
- PlayStation Store
- GT Themed PS4 Avatars
- GT Sport Dynamic Theme
- $500,000 In-Game Credit
- $500,000 In-Game Credit
GameStop seems to be the best of the bunch, if you’re interested in receiving access to vehicles. Otherwise, the PlayStation Store and Amazon offerings seem decent enough, although I don’t imagine $500,000 will stretch very far.
Since Gran Turismo Sport marks the first time Gran Turismo will be hitting the PS4, you’ll also be able to pick up a commemorative Limited Edition. The Limited Edition will retail for $69.99 or $89.99 CAD, and allegedly contains more than $129 worth of content. You can find a list below if you’re curious as to what that $69.99 will buy you.
- GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
- $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
- Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
- 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
- Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
- Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging
Well, 30 avatars certainly seems like a lot. It’ll be interesting to see whether or not the avatars will be sold individually, or are exclusive to the Limited Edition. I’m guessing it’s the former, but we’ll find out eventually.
For now, you can check out the trailer up top, which offers a look at the gameplay as captured from a console running the game.
Will you be picking the game up? Let us know in the comments.