Are you a talented writer with a passion for sports and video games looking to have your work seen daily by thousands? Sports Gamers Online is looking a dedicated and driven individual to join the team!
Founded in 2014, Sports Gamers Online has quickly risen to become a leading destination for sports gamers around the globe. We offer news, previews, reviews, and everything in between, but it doesn’t stop there. We’re set to take 2016 by storm, and we’re looking dedicated and driven individuals with ambition to match.
If you’re a skilled writer with an interest in sports and video games, we want to hear from you! Don’t miss this opportunity to become part of something great. Have a Youtube Channel and are looking to grow your traffic and brand? Join SGO and we will work with you!
About the position
We’re looking for someone with an intimate knowledge of sports and sports video games to join us as a writer or content creator. You won’t just be a writer, you’ll be tasked with editing articles and generating ideas for fresh new content. What kind of content? Lists, features, opinion pieces and more! Of course, you’ll also be covering news on a regular basis.
Ideal candidates will have a combination of the following qualities:
- A profound understanding of sports and the annual video games that accompany them
- A strong command of the English language with a passion for journalism
- A drive to produce quality original content on a consistent basis
- The ability to work together with other writers and editors to ensure that articles always look their best while meeting deadlines
- Previous experience writing news, lists, features, and opinion pieces either at an established outlet or your own blog
- Experience with WordPress and accompanying plugins
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Monitoring various newsfeeds for breaking news
- Writing and editing news, reviews and features
- Reporting on conventions, trade events, and press events
- Collaborate with staff to create new and exciting content
- Remote work
- Access to all industry events and conventions, including PAX, GDC, and E3
- Review materials
- Extreme visibility (over 1,000,000 monthly page views and climbing!)
- Competitive pay for writers/editors that scales with the growth of the website!
Please send an email to email@example.com to apply today!