The NPD has released its July 2017 NPD report. The results are encouraging. The US spending on games keeps on growing with a year-to-year rate of the 19%, up to $588 million.
July 2017 NPD Report
These are the numbers for July 2017:
– Total sales: $588 million (up 19% from $496 million in July 2016)
– Hardware: $182 million (up 29% from $142 million)
– Console software: $263 million (up 17%t from $224 million)
– PC software: $14 million (up 14% from $12 million)
– Accessories: $129 million (up 9% from $118 million)
The top sports gaming titles are still NBA 2K17 and MLB The Show, which rank tenth and 16th, respectively. However, FIFA 2017 has fallen out of the top twenty in combined sales. Nintendo is the big winner of the latest month, with three titles in the top ten: Splatoon 2, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8.
Xbox One owners did get one sports title in the top ten, NBA 2K17. MLB The Show, a PlayStation exclusive, went down to the fifth place for the PS rankings with NBA 2K17 ranking ninth.
Over the last 12 months, NBA 2K17, Madden 17 and FIFA 17 have been featured in the list of best-selling games. NBA 2K17 is the third overall ranked title, followed by Madden 17 at the fourth place and FIFA 17 at seventh.
Hardware and accessory spending went up as well. The Nintendo Switch is being cited as the biggest factor responsible for the growth.