San Diego Studio (SDS) released another huge content update for MLB The Show 18 Diamond Dynasty today. This update includes changes to roster attributes, new cards, a new event, and new missions that get you free packs.
Today’s roster update features attribute upgrades and downgrades, as well as team changes as a result of recent trades or signings. Below are some of the major attribute changes.
- Nolan Arenado, Rockies 3B – 90 to 91
- Javier Baez, Cubs 3B – 81 to 85
- Andrelton Simmons, Angels SS – 84 to 85
- Trevor Story, Rockies SS – 80 to 82
- Whit Merrifield, Royals 2B – 79 to 80
- Matt Chapman, Athletics 78 to 80
- Travis Shaw, Brewers 3B – 76 to 78
- Jose Leclerc, Rangers CP – 76 to 78
- Khris Davis, Athletics LF – 76 to 78
- Seung Hwan Oh, Rockies RP – 76 to 78
- Ben Zobrist, Cubs 2B – 76 to 78
- Craig Stammen, Padres RP – 75 to 77
- Juan Soto, Nationals LF – 72 to 76
- Manuel Margot, Padres CF – 74 to 76
- Carlos Rodon, White Sox SP – 74 to 76
- Kyle Gibson, Twins SP – 73 to 75
- Paulo Orlando, Royals CF – 72 to 75
- Collin McHugh, Astros RP – 72 to 75
- Zack Wheeler, Mets SP – 70 to 75
- Ketel Marte, Diamondbacks 2B – 72 to 75
- Rougned Odor, Rangers 2B – 71 to 75
- Matt Duffy, Rays 3B – 74 to 75
- Jose Altuve, Astros 2B – 91 to 90
- Buster Posey, Giants C – 86 to 85
- Joey Votto, Reds 1B – 87 to 85
- Justin Turner, Dodgers 3B – 85 to 83
- Charlie Blackmon, Rockies CF – 85 to 83
- Mike Moustakas, Brewers 3B – 82 to 80
- Dee Gordon, Mariners 2B – 80 to 79
- Ender Inciarte, Braves CF – 81 to 79
- Chris Devenski, Astros RP – 80 to 78
- Yangervis Solarte, Blue Jays 3B – 78 to 76
- Yuli Gurriel, Astros 1B – 78 to 76
- Jose Reyes, Mets 2B – 76 to 74
- Jose Pirela, Padres 2B – 76 to 74
- Joe Panik, Giants 2B – 76 to 74
- Adam Duvall, Braves LF – 76 to 74
- Brett Cecil, Cardinals RP – 76 to 72
You can find all of this week’s changes here.
Next, a new event is open. The NL West Immortal Event is NL West and common players only. Games are nine innings long, and quick counts are on. This event The exclusive event reward is 89 overall postseason legend Matt Holliday. Earn him by racking up 30 cumulative wins. His ratings are below.
Additionally, new packs and bundles are in the market now. Sets 1-11 are returning, meaning those cards are back in circulation for the first time in months. This is good news for those looking for certain pieces of seasonal or holiday equipment to complete sets.
Per SDS, “Packs-in-a-Pack arrive in the Show Shop for the first time in MLB The Show 18! This pack is packed with more packs. When you open one of the new packs, you will find previously released Standard Packs from Sets 1 through 11. The interesting twist is a chance to find bundles (10, 20 or 50-packs) from Sets 1-11 inside a single pack. Look for exclusive players and equipment from those sets as you open them. The 20-pack bundle guarantees 1 topper pack containing a previously-released seasonal equipment item such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Camo or All-Star equipment, plus 3 Silver or better player items. The 50-pack bundle contains 3 topper packs guaranteeing a total of 3 seasonal equipment items, plus 8 Silver or better player items.”
Lastly, free packs will be available from August 11 to August 20. To get them, head into the August timed missions inside programs. Each day, a redeemable mission will become available to claim a free pack. Remember, each daily pack expires after 24 hours, so be sure to log in each day to get all 10 packs.
Check out the SDS video on today’s roster update:
You can read more about all of the new content here.
What do you think of today’s update? Do you think SDS got the upgrades right? Are you excited for the new event? Let us know in the comment section below, and don’t forget to subscribe to SGO.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!