More than a week after the full release of MLB The Show 20, Sony San Diego (SDS) is set to release it’s second update to players.
Game Update 1.05 will become available at 3 AM PT on Friday, 3/27/2020. This update makes adjustments to pitching and hitting based on analytics and community feedback.
- In multiplayer games, slight increases made to pitch accuracy across all interfaces, including accuracy increases to perfect pitch inputs.
Remember that other than user input, the pitcher’s BB/9 and difficulty setting standards remain the biggest factors in overall accuracy. If you hit perfect meter more often you’ll benefit from this update more than someone who doesn’t.
- Slight increases to exit velocities in competitive multiplayer.
Together, the end result should help pitchers hit their spot a little more and get slightly fewer meatballs, while batters don’t lose offense overall due to the increased exit velo on balls they put in play.
If you haven’t already seen the clarifications made to the 1.04 update notes, you can read them here.
Other Gameplay Fixes and Adjustments:
- Fixed an issue where an Outfielder would not lock in when trying to set up for a routine high fly ball, which resulted in the user losing control of the player.
- Button Accuracy with Throw Meter turned OFF was resulting in too many perfect throws. This has been fixed and adjusted for balance.
- Fixed a rare occurrence with button accuracy where the ball would not go to the intended target.
- When pulling back late on a bunt, batters were often hit with the ball. We’ve adjusted the animation times so this should happen less frequently.
- Fixed a rare situation where base hits could erroneously be called a fielder’s choice.
Road to the Show:
- Fixed an issue where the weights would become stuck while playing the Squats and Strength mini-game.
- Fixed various spelling errors and minor UI issues.
- Batter walk-up stats in Franchise, MTO, and RTTS are now properly displayed for the current batter.
- Fixed an issue where the Pause Timer was not displaying when a user was reviewing their Bullpen in online games.
- Swing/Pitch info will now not display when selected “off”.
- Fixed an incorrect error message that was being displayed when trying to add a player from a pack that was already in your squad.
- Various other minor UI corrections.
- Fixed an issue where two-way players were causing year-to-year saves to not load correctly in Franchise and Road to the Show.
- The trophy “Silver But It Feels Like Gold” should now unlock as intended.
- Users will now be able to set a secondary position for a two-way player.
- Various crash fixes.
Hopefully, this second update resolves any issues players have been having on the diamond. But, if more problems arise, it’s clear that SDS is going to be quick to address them.
From SGO’s MLB The Show 20 review:
For more on MLB The Show 20, including all of the latest patch details and updates, stick with Sports Gamers Online.