Moto Racer 4
Rush the asphalt or smell the dust, the high-speed arcade racer makes its return in “Moto Racer 4.” Thanks to the Microids, Artefacts Studio and series creator, Paul Cuisset, the “Moto Racer” series has launched in a big way on current gen consoles.
“Moto Racer 4” ships with two style modes, Asphalt and Dirt. In Asphalt, players stick to the roads and quench their thirst for high-speed racing. In Dirt, players take it off-road with big stunts and motocross action. Both styles feature 15 single player and multiplayer game modes ranging from “King of the Hill” to “Ghost Bike.” Along with local split screen, “Moto Racer 4” offers rider/bike customization and 2-10 player online races. Featuring on-road traffic and opponent collision, “Moto Racer 4” is built for speed with a steady 60 frames per second.
Just a taste of what’s in store in “Moto Racer 4”:
- KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
- SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multiplayer mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
Out of the box, gamers with the PlayStation VR can now completely immerse themselves in 2 modes: Time Attack and Hot Lap. To top off the VR high-speed action, Microids and Artefacts Studio have committed to making all game modes and features VR compatible.
Where to Buy
No matter how you choose to play, unleash speed or embody style, “Moto Racer 4” is available in stores or digitally through the Playstation Network and Xbox Marketplace for $39.99 everywhere.