After announcing the release date of MotoGP17, Italian publisher Milestone announced more details for their upcoming title. In a press release, the devs have announced the all-new Managerial Career.
With the new mode, you will not be a racer anymore, but rather a Team Manager, and you will be in charge of all the hard decisions to be taken to bring your team to the success at the World Championship.
You will need to manage your resources to increase your reputation and earn new credits.
- Sponsors: as the reputation of your team grows victory after victory, you will be able to increase your visibility and receive offers from the Championship’s official sponsors, allowing you to get new in-game credits.
- Bikes: being competitive means being able to race on high performance bikes and being a Team Manager means you can invest in the best models. Naturally, the more popular your team becomes, the greater your selection will be!
- Riders: one of the main tasks of the debut season will be to choose the best riders for your team; the player, apart from racing with their custom rider, will also need to hire another 5 riders who will compete in all the categories, guided by artificial intelligence. The player will also manage the crew and prepare the riders for each challenge. Managing the activities and costs for both the team and riders will speed your journey to success.
- Team Departments: as the Team Manager, you will oversee the various departments that make up your team, investing resources to improve the growth of the riders and your income after each race. The team consists of more than 10 departments (Nutritionists, Athletic Preparation Team, Sports Management, etc.) and with careful management, players can win the World Championship in three different classes!
- R&D Department: although a team is chiefly made up of people and activities that need to be managed on a daily basis, a good Team Manager will invest in the R&D department so as to always guarantee not only the best bikes but also the best components which will ensure superior performance, race after race!
The game will be available on June 15 in Europe and on July 11 in North America on PS4, XBox One, and PC (through Steam).