NASCAR Heat 2 is set to receive its first major update on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 since its September release.
The game has already seen updates on PC, but the team at 704 Games has been putting more into getting the console patch ready. The update includes the addition of new drivers, a stats page for the game’s career mode, an alternate controller configuration, and more.
The team is hopeful that the patch will be available over the next week, but no specific timetable was given.
Full details can be found below:
- Added remaining NASCAR NEXT drivers (Harrison Burton, Chase Cabre, Hailie Deegan, Riley Herbst, Cayden Lapcevich, Chase Purdy, Zane Smith)
- Added new “Strict” Yellow Flags option for single-player
- Added a Stats page to Career
- Rivals’ anger now has the potential to slowly decay over time
- Added an alternate controller configuration (Options -> Controls -> Default/Alternate)
- Added new Victory Anthems
- Added separate volume control for Spotter
- Fixed potential frame rate stutter during race
- Fixed Trophies/Achievements that were not awarding properly
- Fixed red-lining engine issues at Iowa Speedway
- Made top-end AI more challenging at some tracks
- Better calculation of race results for cars finishing behind the player
- Fixed issue where players in some regions would not see the correct cars in multiplayer races
- Added gear/speed overlays in the cockpit view
- Altered qualifying logic for the AI
- Display purse on race card in Career
- You can hold down left or right to change values at pits/in garage
- Changed pre-race animation in multiplayer
- Implemented some missing UI sounds
- Quieter Victory Anthems
- Fixed rare Career mode crash
- Added functionality to switch between Global Leaderboards and Favorite Driver Leaderboards
- Fixed doppler effect to prevent unusual pitch shifting during some events
- Set Furniture Row Racing to a 5-star team in Career
- Fixed Elliot Sadler’s Road America Challenge
- Fixed some crash bugs
- Adjusted some driver ratings
- Altered character models for some drivers
- Fixed some issues with AI pitting logic
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
NASCAR Heat 2 is out now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out SGO’s review of the game.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages.