The Sports Gamers Online Top 10 series returns. This time we take a look at the top 10 plays to run with the Golden State Warriors in NBA 2K18 in a two part series.
NBA 2K18 Top 10 Plays – Golden State Warriors Part 1
10. Quick 1 Elevator Rip
Who you’ll need: Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Patrick McCaw and Nick Young
Whoever you call the play for will be off the ball. Take advantage of this by setting up your ball carrier before hand.
You start the play by passing it to the big next to you on the 3pt line. Then, the initial ball handler will attempt to set a back screen for your target going towards the hoop. The only time this cut to the basket works, is if you have Durant running it.
If the target cutting to the basket can’t get open, the play can branch into two sequences
- You start by passing to the initial ball handler as he jumps back to the 3pt line. This is where he could potentially lose his defender with simply moving backwards.
- If the defender is still on you, the target of the play who previously cut to the basket will receive another screen running to the top of the key. You should only pass top him if he’s open.
- If he can’t get open, one of those screeners will now set a pick and roll for the ball handler to finish the play.
If you ignore the initial ball handler when he jumps back to the 3pt line, your target will receive a floppy screen going the other way to finish the play.
9. Fist 15 Give Chin
Who you’ll need: Steph Curry, Shaun Livingston and Patrick McCaw
You start by passing to the guy next to you at the top of the 3pt line. Then, you move towards your target. From here, you can trigger 2 sequences.
- Ignoring the pass to your target causes a back screen cutting to the hoop.
- If he doesn’t come open on the cut, he comes back on another screen for a 3 pointer.
- If he can’t get a clean shot, he will receive a pick and roll from the guy who just screened for him to finish the play.
8. Iso 32 Quick
Who you’ll need: Steph Curry and Andre Igoudala
Whoever you call the play for will start off ball. If you call the play for Curry, it will default to Durant being the initiator. So, if you want Klay, he has to have the ball when you start the play.
Additionally, the play begins by Curry getting a down screen as he runs to the 3pt line. Here you’ll want to pass it to him regardless of his open status.
If he can’t get open, the initial ball handler will loop around you. Be sure to keep your focus on that player’s defender. If he gets stuck or tries to go over you, give it to him and just drive the rest of the way into the lane.
If the defender is smart and goes under, wait for the screen on the opposite wing to form and finish the play.
7. Give 42 Punch
Who you’ll need: Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Andre Igoudala, Shaun Livingston and Patrick McCaw,
Whoever you call the play for will be off ball. It doesn’t really matter who has the ball to initially, just know it won’t be the player you called the play for.
Start by passing down low to your big and your target will receive a drag screen across the 3pt line. That’s where you look to him for an open 3.
Now, if he doesn’t come open, he then cuts to the basket and loops around you expecting a pass. This is another situation where you help yourselves by steering into his defender. That way, when he turns the corner he has a clean look at the hoop.
6. Fist 15 Wide
Who you’ll need: : Steph Curry, Shaun Livingston and Patrick McCaw
Who you call the play for will start with the ball. The first action is a sideline screen for a 3. It’s a good idea to go ahead and pass to him.
If you pass it and the defender closes in, you now have a give and go with Curry with two option.
- You can pass to Curry and have him attack the empty side of the court in an ISO.
- Ignore the pass completely and set up your own pick and roll to the empty side of the court.
That’s part one of our Top 10 plays to run with the Golden State Warriors in NBA 2K18. Be sure to stay tuned for part two and check back here daily for more NBA 2K18 content.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!