2K Sports has released the first trailer for NBA 2K19 featuring the cover star of the 20th Anniversary Edition of the game.
LeBron James, who continues to prove his place as one of the greatest to ever play the game, will grace the special edition version of the game. It’s his second time being on the cover as he was the featured athlete for NBA 2K14.
Our trailer is here for the 20th Anniversary Edition of #NBA2K19 featuring cover athlete @KingJames! Pre-order now to play 4 days early starting September 7th https://t.co/nH2w6B6Hhp pic.twitter.com/cflZi7FNtC
— NBA 2K19 (@NBA2K) June 5, 2018
In addition to the teaser trailer, the included digital items were revealed for those who purchase the Anniversary Edition as well as the Standard Edition.
- 100,000 Virtual Currency
- 50,000 MyTEAM points
- 20 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week). Build your perfect fantasy team featuring a guaranteed Sapphire LeBron card and more!
- 10 MyTEAM Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)
- 5 LeBron-themed murals for MyCOURT
- LeBron MyCOURT design
- King’s Collection – Nike LeBron apparel & footwear (25 pairs!)
- 5,000 Virtual Currency
- 10 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week)
- 1 Cover Athlete Sapphire MyTEAM Card
Lastly, it was announced that NBA 2K19 will once again feature The Prelude mode that will allow players to get a head start on their MyCareer. The Prelude drops August 31, giving players a week to get started.
As far as the cover athlete for the standard edition of the game, that information has yet to be revealed.
NBA 2K19 launches on September 11 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Nintendo Switch. Those who preorder the game get to play starting September 7.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!