Today, EA Sports released a patch for NHL 20, the first major title update since the game’s release on September 13. This update impacts nearly all sectors of the game, including gameplay, franchise mode, Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT), World of Chel and more. Here’s a complete breakdown of all the new patch.
NHL 20 OCTOBER TITLE UPDATE
Per EA, here are the key points of the patch notes.
- Added NHL 2019-2020 season rule change for puck out of bounds
- When the attacking team is responsible for the puck going out of play in the attacking zone, in all instances, the face-off will be conducted at one of the two face-off dots in the attacking zone
- Fixed a case where the player is sometimes unable to pick up the puck after a penalty shot in Threes
- Fixed a case where players could get their limbs stuck in the net
- Fixed multiple cases where the puck could go through the goalie’s pad
- Improved cases where slap shots would be missed when taken near the boards
- Improved a case where the weakside defender would overcommit on an odd man rush allowing the puck carrier a breakaway
- Fixed a case where AI players would start to accelerate when passed to without player input
Various goalie animation fixes
- Fixed cases where goalies were sometimes trying to perform controlled/redirect saves when the puck had a high chance of being deflected and would leave them more vulnerable than they should be
- Improved goalie tracking when the puck is behind the net
- Improvements to shot angle selection logic for some rare cases
- Improved cases where players on loose pucks would perform a snap shot when a slap shot would be expected
- Fixed rare cases where one-timers would miss the puck completely
- Added ability to preview the play-of-the-period replays in action tracker
- Various environment camera clipping fixes
- Player lineup animation and camera improvements
- Play-of-the-period/game animation and camera improvements
- Various Play of the Game/Play of the Period selection logic fixes
- Multiplayer hug improvements
- Fixed cases where penalty replays in EASHL don’t show the penalty being taken
- Added the season standings to the calendar screen
- Added Auto Staff Setting that allows the CPU to assign scouts for the user team
- Fixed an issue where Alumni Player’s Ages don’t show correctly in a fantasy draft in Franchise Mode
- Fixed an issue where the PP and PK columns in Hire staff were reversed
- Misc stability improvements
- Fixed a desync issue which was causing the opening faceoff to loop in some Online Games
- Fixed an issue where players could see their opponent’s PSN ID/Gamertag before loading into a Competitive Seasons/HUT Champs games
- Fixed an issue where Goalie Mask items may have become invisible when navigating the Apply Consumable screen
- Fixed some issues where items may have not been properly revealed in Choice Packs
- Save last-used difficulty as default (complete games only)
- Now display ‘Possible Points’ for each opponent as difficulty is selected
World of CHEL
- Having heard the community feedback, we are reducing the requirements for the World of Chel weekly challenge card. Now, user will only need to complete a reduced number of the 5 columns to earn that week’s Special Reward.
- Added a link to Edit Player from the Recent Items screen so the user doesn’t have to manually back out and enter the flow from the WoC HUB
- Added the ability to have EA Custom Stock Team Branding uniforms be equipped by clubs. Stay tuned throughout the year for future uniform releases that can be earned by clubs through hockey bags.
What do you think of this new patch? Do you think NHL 20 needs a tuner, or is gameplay in a good place right now? Which mode has been the most fun so far? Let us know in the comment section below, and don’t forget to subscribe to SGO.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!