As hopeful NBA 2K players gear up for the upcoming January tryouts, the NBA 2K League officially revealed their brand new logo. The design of the new logo is simple, but incorporates and combines various elements of both the NBA’s official logo plus the NBA 2K18 logo.
The new logo was announced just one week after the 2K League released news and information regarding January’s initial NBA 2K League Qualifier. The official NBA 2K League site announced the completion of the new logo in a press release that also provided some insight into the design concepts and rationale behind the new logo.
You can check out the full details and information below.
Logo Details & Information
- The NBA 2K League logo incorporates the colors and shape of the NBA logo and the font of the NBA 2K logo.
- Absent is a human silhouette, which speaks to the inclusive nature of the league and the opportunity for any type of player to try out – young or old, male or female, based domestically or abroad.
- A basketball was selected as the centerpiece of the design as it represents the common thread between all NBA 2K players.
- All 17 teams will unveil their logos later this week.
- The logos were designed by branding agency RARE Design of Hattiesburg, Miss.
As you can see from the information provided, the actual team logos will be unveiled later on this week. The official NBA 2K League site also provided a video featuring the lead designer as he explains the idea and overall process behind the new logo’s design.
Excitement is undoubtedly mounting within the NBA 2K community as we’re only three weeks away from the initial January 1 qualifiers. Tryouts will last through January 31, and are open to players from all over the world who are at least 18-years-old.
Players can participate in qualifiers as part of a team or individually. The requirement to move on with the official draft process is winning 50 games in Pro-Am mode plus complete the application within the 31 day January tryout period. The inaugural 2K League’s season will officially tip-off in May 2018 and run through August 2018.
17 teams will take part in this first season with more expected to join the league in the following seasons. Later this week, we’ll get our first glimpse at the unique team logos for all 17 NBA 2K League teams.
Be sure to check back with SGO regularly for all the latest news and developments surrounding the first official NBA 2K League season.