Konami has entered into an exclusive agreement with the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF). Players will now be able to experience the Campeonato Brasileirão tournament in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017.
Walter Feldman, General Secretary of the CBF, had this to say about the new partnership: “We are starting this partnership with great expectation, both for the growing space this segment has been gaining as well for Konami’s excellence. We have been working for some time to achieve the Brasileirão’s entry into the world of electronic games and we believe that this is merely the beginning of a great job we plan to do in this area. There is absolutely no doubt that the games industry is a fundamental step when dealing with the multiplicity of aspects, with the internationalization of Brazilian football and the loyalty of fans.”
Takayuki Kubo, Konami’s President, also expressed enthusiasm for the agreement: “As one of the most celebrated football confederations in the world, we’re honored to have CBF exclusively included in PES 2017. We are very excited to see how CBF is presented in game, which will include recreations of core elements, such as the official match ball and trophy. Fans will also enjoy the realistic aspects of the tournament mode, which delivers an elevated gameplay experience.”
20 Brazilian teams from the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A will be included in the game for the firth year in a row. However, the exclusive agreement will make the CBF the only full local league from an elite soccer nation to be featured exclusively in PES 2017.
The following “Série A” Brazilian teams will be included in PES 2017: América Mineiro, Atlético Mineiro, Atlético Paranaense, Botafogo, Chapecoense, Corinthians, Coritiba, Cruzeiro, Figueirense, Flamengo, Fluminense, Grêmio, Internacional, Palmeiras, Ponte Preta, Santa Cruz, Santos FC, São Paulo FC, Sport Recife and Vitória FC.
Brazil’s biggest stadiums will also be included: Estádio do Maracanã, Arena Corinthians, Estádio Cícero Pompeu de Toledo (Morumbi), Estádio do Mineirão, Estádio Beira-Rio and Estádio Urbano Caldeira (Vila Belmiro).
PES 2017 is slated for release September 13 in the Americas and September 15 in Europe and Asia.
Anyone who pre-orders PES 2017 will receive the following bonus content:
- 1 random player among the 11 UEFA.com TEAM OF THE YEAR 2015 (Lv.30) *Players may change subject to events such as transfers
- 2 Player from FC Barcelona who has an overall rating of 80 or more (Lv. 30)
- 1 Player from FC Barcelona who has an overall rating of 75 or more (Lv. 30)
- 1 player (Lv.30) who has an overall rating of 80 or more can be obtained
- 1 Lv. 30 player for each core position (GK, DF, MF, FW)
- 10,000 GP* will be presented for 10 weeks when you register and start myClub PES 2017. *GP are Game Points that are presented in-game and can be used to improve and enhance your team, such as signing players and managers.
- PES2017 Theme (Sony exclusive)
- Special Agent×1: a feature to be detailed soon
For more details about the PES pre-order bonuses and other aspects of the upcoming game, check out Konami’s website.