The upcoming PlayStation 4 update 3.50 has been detailed by Sony, with plans to move the update into the beta phase soon. The firmware update which has been code named MUSASHI will primarily focus on social features, with a couple small additions thrown in. Dailymotion streaming will be making an appearance, which is cool if you’re into that.
As for the meat of the update? Sony has put together a list of the big improvements, which you can find below. The highlight is probably the ability to finally turn off notifications, a feature which the PS3 has had for a while now. Oh, and you can also appear offline, which is pretty cool when you just don’t want to be bothered. You’d think that would be in a standard feature in software nowadays, but nope!
New Social Features
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Time for a play date! We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Play Together – This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend’s game, or start a new game together.
Other New System Features
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion – With this update, you’ll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We’ll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.
The beta for the PlayStation 4 update 3.50 will start tomorrow, with an official release to be determined. Have you been selected for the beta? Let us know in the comments.