PS4 Update 3.50 is now live and available for download at just under 300 MB, and it brings with it variety of new features including PC remote play, the ability to appear offline, and friend notifications. You can check out the full list of changes below.
Main features in system software update 3.50
- You can now create events. Select [Events] > [Create Event], set the date and time, number of players who can join, and other details, and then send invitations to players you want to play with. You can also create events in [Messages].
- Play Together has been added to [Party]. For online multiplayer games that support the Play Together feature, you can automatically invite other players and start game sessions immediately.
- Notification messages are now displayed when Friends go online. You can change the setting in [Settings] > [Notifications] > [When Friends Go Online].
- You can now change your online status to offline, even if you are actually online. When you log in to the PS4 system, select [Log In With Online Status ‘Appear Offline’] from the options menu. You can also change your status from your profile screen or the quick menu.
- You can now use Remote Play on a computer (Windows PC or Mac) that has
PS4 Remote Play installed. Download PS4 Remote Play, install it, and then connect to your PS4 system.
- You can now broadcast gameplay on dailymotion.
Other new or revised features in version 3.50
- You can now send event or party invitations to groups or communities.
- You can now share other players’ activities. In What’s New, for example, select an activity to share, and then select ‘Share Activity’.
- When uploading screenshots or video clips, players can now tag others they’ve played games with. To choose who can tag you, select [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Privacy Settings] > [Sharing Your Experience] > [Tags].
- Depending on the content, verified accounts are now displayed on the content info screen so that you can follow the accounts more easily.
- PSN Status: to quickly check the status of the PlayStation Network Services, you can view this via Settings > Network.
- Teen Account Creation: Teens (aged 13 – 17 years) can now create their own account and start playing in offline mode until parents approve the account and complete the parental control set up at their leisure.
- PlayStation Plus Hub: Plus members can now enjoy easy access and management of their online storage. You can also see from your PS Plus Games which of your friends also play your monthly Plus games.
If you’d rather watch a video, PlayStation Access also has a video detailing the new features in the update. What do you think of PS4 Update 3.50? Let us know in the comments.