R.B.I. Baseball will be back for another season, and the developers have dropped some major details on the game. The details includes who will be on the cover of this year’s game.
R.B.I. Baseball 19
Alex Bregman, a 2017 World Baseball Classic goal medalist and 2017 World Series champion, will grace the cover of R.B.I. Baseball 19. After hitting 31 HR’s and driving in 103 runs last season, Bregman will become the fourth consecutive player under 25 to be on the cover of R.B.I. Baseball, joining Mookie Betts (2016), Corey Seager (2017), and Francisco Lindor (2018).
In addition to announcing the cover athlete, MLB Games gave us important details on the game prior to its March launch. In a press release on Saturday, the developers touted that this year’s game will feature hundreds of new animations, new features and an improved physics engine. Furthermore, it will bring all of this to the game while “remaining true to the franchise’s core identity principles loved by millions – easy-to-use controls for fast-paced and fun gameplay.”
Here are some of the new features that have been promised for this year’s game:
- Your Franchise with Total Flexibility: Develop and manage your MLB squad across multiple seasons by adding at the trade deadline, signing free agents, calling up prospects and even taking advantage of newly added two-way players.
- Fashion Sense: Every official 2019 uniform for all 30 teams and more gear & equipment options than ever before.
- Authentic MLB Players: Updated player models including over 350 redesigned likenesses, hundreds of new animations, more realistic player movements and reactions to deliver a whole new level of authenticity.
- Revamped Physics: Reengineered ball physics bring realism to every pitch, hit, and play.
- Legends & Legend Teams: Play as 165+ all-time greats. All-new Legends Teams available for play on Exhibition Mode and Friendly Online matches.
- Stunning Environments: Amplified lighting, textures, cinematic sequences and 3-D crowd system in all 30 ballparks.
- Home Run Derby, Your Way: Pick any MLB player or MLB Legend, compete in any MLB ballpark and customize a bracket for the ultimate Derby showdown.
- Online Multiplayer: Play ranked and friendly exhibition games with friends and the rest of the world.
- Bigger and Better Soundtrack: A new soundtrack with music from popular artists including OneRepublic, CHVRCHES, Greta Van Fleet, and many more!
- Weekly Stats & Roster Updates: Stay up-to-date with weekly roster updates throughout the regular season with performance-based statistical tuning.
While we don’t have an official release date, the game is set to be available sometime in March for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, as well as on the Apple and Google Play stores. It will be available for $29.99 USD on consoles, and $6.99 on smartphones and tablets.