Pysonix, the independent video game developers and publisher/creators of the surprise smash hit of 2015 that thought soccer and racing cars can be combined, has released the Anniversary Update for Rocket League.
The update celebrates the 2nd Anniversary of the ever-growing game.
The update will include a FREE new arena named ‘Champions Field,’ and a bunch more content including:
- FREE Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, ‘Cromulon,’ ‘Mr. Meeseeks,’ and ‘Mr. PBH’ Toppers, an ‘Inter dimensional GB’ Rocket Boost, and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ Wheels
- ‘Rocket League Radio,’ which adds a new default music playlist “Rocket League x Monstercat” with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars ‘Animus GP’ and ‘Centio V17,’ available exclusively as drops inside the new ‘Overdrive Crate’
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like ‘Engine Audio,’ ‘Goal Explosions,’ and ‘Trails’ that are a mix of FREE selections and Crate drops
- End to ‘Competitive Season 4’ and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of ‘Competitive Season 5’ with new changes
- Six new achievements and trophies
- and more!
Rocket League celebrates its 2nd anniversary on July 7, 2017. Since its launch in 2015, the community has grown to reach 33 million players across all platforms! Additional game statistics will be revealed later in the day on July 6th in honor of the game’s 2nd anniversary. For more details about the update, go to the official Anniversary webpage.
To view the Anniversary Update trailer please go here.