Rocket League is getting another new mode, and this time it’s called rumble. The new mode will offer a number of exciting power-ups like the grappling hook, tornado and the freezer. Basically, it’s the Rocket League equivalent of Mario Kart, and that sounds really cool.
Starting this September, Rumble will begin appearing in online playlists, and you’ll also be able to partake in both private and exhibition matches. The mode will be continue the long line of free DLC added to Rocket League.
In total, there are 11 power-ups in Rumble, which you can check out below.
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
If you want to get a better idea as to how the mode will play and what the power-ups are like in action, I’d recommend checking out the trailer for the new game mode up top.