We are kicking February off with our latest SGO Inside Drive. As the headline mentions, Madden has a new champion, more on that below. In addition, we have news on a huge update for GRIP: Combat Racing, and a new go-kart themed racing game available for mobile devices.
SGO Inside Drive: New Madden Club Champion!
Madden 19 Crowns New Madden Club Champion
Madden has a new Champion!
— #WeAreMadden (@EAMaddenNFL) February 3, 2019
Earlier this week, Madden 19 saw the crowning a new champion. Pavan Lakhat, known as @pavan530, took home the title of Madden Club Champion along with $100,000.
Starlit On Wheels Now Available
As of January 31, Starlit On Wheels became available for mobile devices. This year’s game is the third installment in the Starlit franchise. Brazilian Studio Rockhead combines the most popular features of other kart racing games along with a colorful cast, insane tracks, and a community editor to bring you Starlit On Wheels. Be sure to pick it up on Android and iOS.
GRIP: Combat Racing Gets Huge Update
Caged Element Inc was pleased to announce this week the release of the rather large update to GRIP: Combat Racing. The update comes as a milestone from their already robust roadmap of content scheduled for their game. The latest update offers a significant face lift to the game’s online systems. This means the online lobby and matchmaking systems are getting a rather large overhaul. This is in addition to several other major fixes and tweaks listed below:
- Lobby simplified voting mechanics and count down timer
- Catch-up assistance has been rebalanced and can be toggled during the game’s campaign
- AI now drive more competitively
- AI vehicles are now selected to be comparable to the player’s vehicle
- Bug fix for AI catch-up in MP games
- Resolved issue when displaying split-screen results
- “View to a kill” battle arena is now rebalanced and redesigned
- “Magmatic Core” battle arena now has speed-pads and has been redesigned to prevent insta-death
- Improvements to various tracks’ collisions and performance
- Fixed issues around vehicle customization
- Improved stability for split-screen tournaments
- Fixed bug preventing players 3 and 4 selecting vehicles in split-screen
- Resolved issue where achievements were incorrectly unlocked when spectating a MP game
- Improved calculations for leaderboard statistics
- Improved how the player’s overall average speed and position are calculated
- Electrical sounds volume is now set correctly
- Improved missile targeting when the target is maneuvering hard
- Improved missile guidance – missiles now avoid the floor much more often when launching
- Vehicles are now allocated correctly to human players in split-screen events or tournaments
The update offers that and so much more. You catch the full patch notes here. You can grab the update on consoles now.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!