Welcome back to the latest installment of the SGO Developer Spotlight series. In this edition, we talk to Mike Hermann, the owner of Retrosoft Studio, about all things RetroMania Wrestling.
In this episode, we talk about the game locking down a full NWA license, which wrestler has been the most involved in the development, the game’s release schedule, and so much more.
What is RetroMania Wrestling?
RetroMania Wrestling is the official sequel to the classic arcade game Wrestlefest that was released in 1991 by Technos of Japan.
RetroMania Wrestling will be a “pick up and play” arcade wrestling game with beautiful 2D sprites, incredible backgrounds and fast-paced arcade style game play.
• 12 – 16 Unique, distinct playable wrestlers at launch (adding more post launch via DLC)
• 2-8 player local multiplayer (Online TBD)
• Several match types, including One-on-One matches, Tag Team matches, and the Battle Royal
• Ring entrances with entrance music
• Multiple entrance attires for each wrestler
• Strategic gameplay that is easy to pick up and play
• Beautiful 2D pixel art animated sprites with over 700 frames of animation and animated backgrounds
• Crowd chants that react to the action on screen