Sports Gamers Online is currently looking to add staff writers to our team. If you’re a growing or experienced writer with a passion for the gaming industry, this could be the position for you!
With games like Madden, NBA 2K, MLB The Show and FIFA being as big now as ever before, there is a prime opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing sports gaming websites around. We offer readers exclusive interviews, columns, tips and tricks to help better their game while also covering the latest news and releases in the world of sports gaming.
We don’t believe in the “pay you with experience” model. This position offers a word-based payment plan, and is perfect for those either just breaking into the industry or looking for extra income on the side. That being said, this is not a full time position, nor does it pay like one.
If this sounds like the position for you, then we want to hear from you!
- Must be available to work a minimum two/three four-hour shifts per week on our news desk, covering the news that breaks during that time. Availability must be submitted by Friday for following week.
- Outside of set schedule, flexibility to cover major events/stories as needed is encouraged
- Must have experience publishing using networks like WordPress, and be able to self-edit/publish
- Prior writing experience ranging from quick news articles to longer columns
- A strong social media presence
- 12 articles per month (3 per week in a 4-week month)
- Remote work
- Access to all industry events and conventions, including PAX, GDC, and E3
- Review materials
- Extreme visibility (over 1,000,000 monthly page views and climbing!)
- Competitive pay for writers/editors that scales with the growth of the website!
If interested, please send relevant samples and resume to [email protected].
Please include in your email any sports titles you consider yourself knowledgeable in to the point of being able to deliver helpful guides to our readers.
Also, be sure to answer the following questions.
- What hours (EST) would you be available to cover the latest news?
- Do you have YouTube/video capture and editing experience?
- When could you start if selected for the position?
- If you could revive one classic sports franchise, what would it be and why?(No more than a couple sentences)
Founded in 2014, Sports Gamers Online has quickly risen to become a leading destination for sports gamers around the globe. We offer news, previews, reviews, and everything in between, but it doesn’t stop there. We’re set to take 2016 by storm, and we’re looking dedicated and driven individuals with ambition to match.