League Crawler is hosting their second annual Madden tournament, and we’re teaming up with them to sponsor the event. The 2016 League Crawler Tribute Tournament will feature 32 players from 16 leagues battling it out for bragging rights, and a chance to win some cool prizes.
What’s up for grabs this year? I’m glad you asked. Entrants will be competing to win an SGO t-shirt and a $50 Xbox Live or PSN card. That’s right, this tournament is open to players on both consoles, Xbox One and PS4.
Want to join up? To register all you have to do is have your commissioner pick two players from your league to represent the league in the tournament and then sign up for Xbox One or PS4, depending on what platform you’ll be using to participate. There are only two players per league allowed, and the competing leagues will be on a first come first serve basis. Make sure you get in there and get your entry submitted as soon as possible!
Oh, and don’t forget to submit the following, which you’ll need to sign up:
- League Name & Website
- League Commissioner & email address
- Player 1 Name, email address and Madden team to use in the tournament
- Player 2 Name, email address and Madden team to use in the tournament
No entry fee is required, with all of the prizes being provided by us, but you can still donate to us or the guys at League Crawler if you’d like to support what we’re doing. With that said, here are the rules for the 2016 League Crawler Tribute Tournament.
Our set of rules are as SIM as possible without being too heavy handed or leaning toward one set of “SIM” guidelines than others. SIM means different things to different people, but generally speaking, this will not be lobby ball and will have rules. That said – with no entry fees, we expect fair gameplay and good sportsmanship all around. This tournament is intended to help promote your league, your players, your brand and have fun in the process. So in short – don’t be a jerk or get pissed or nit-picky if you lose.
To review, this is a SIM Tournament Play it like you would see on Sunday. General rules.
- No cheesing! (Excessive tosses, drags, money plays, etc)
- 4th and 1 on the opponent side of the 50 is acceptable anytime.
- Going for it on 4th down is unacceptable in your own territory unless the situation calls for it (down multiple scores in the 4th. You guys watch the NFL, you get it).
- Chew clock only allowed if up 21+ or leading with less than 4 mins in game.
- No roll out passes exploiting CPU’s AI. Be sim – mix up runs and passes.
- You have 24 hrs to get in contact with opponent, failure to communicate is subject to disqualifications.
- No Nano Blitzes
Advance Times and Start of the Tournament
TBD but no later than the first week of June. The date will depend on how quickly the brackets fill up.
Leagues can pick their best players to play and those players can pick their favorite team to use.
Again, there will be two tournament brackets. One for PS4, one for Xbox One. Each league will have 32 players from 16 leagues, with a maximum of 2 players per league.
Base All Madden. More details to come.
That’s everything! If you want to get a slot in the tournament, don’t forget to round up your players and register as soon as possible. If you’d like, you can check out the post over at League Crawler for more information. We’ll keep you posted as we get closer to the tournament.