Big Ant Studios has announced that officially licensed the Australian Open game, AO Tennis, is set to hit the shelves in Australia and New Zealand on January 16th. Unfortunately, there is no official release date set for a US launch.
Some of the key features that you can expect from the upcoming game:
- PLAY THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN – AO Tennis is the officially licensed game of the illustrious tournament. It offers singles, doubles or mixed doubles action inside Rod Laver Arena.
- LICENSED PLAYERS and STADIUMS – Dozens of fully licensed players are included, both male and female with stars like Rafael Nadal and Angelique Kerber.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE – The AI within AO Tennis has been built on 10 years of ball tracking data taken from real life Australian Open matches, providing the most realistic ball physics to date.
- MOTION CAPTURE – Professional players have had 3D models scanned and motion captured to provide the most lifelike representation of their favorite tennis stars.
- HARD COURT, CLAY, OR GRASS – Each type of court and surface presents different characteristics and provides different challenges to master.
- CAREER MODE – Start out as king (or queen) of the hill, or work your way up by climbing through the rankings all the way to #1 in the world.
- PLAY ONLINE – Challenge all opponents in a competitive multiplayer online platform and become the world champion.
- PLAYER CREATION – A comprehensive in-depth player creation that allows players to fully express themselves in unimaginable ways. Bring your best to take on the worlds best.
- CUSTOMIZATION – Clothing, Stadium, and Logo creation allow for the tennis enthusiast to curate the game to user specific items making for the most personalized tennis title to date.
Whether you’re a casual tennis fan or hardcore enthusiast, this is a must have title for our friends in New Zealand and Australia. We’re looking forward to the success of AO Tennis and anticipate a US release date in the near future.
Leave your comments below! Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages.