After dropping a new event and Patch 1.11 earlier this week, San Diego Studio (SDS) released another huge content update for MLB The Show 18 today. This update includes roster attribute changes, new Player of the Month (POTM) cards for May, and new player programs.
The featured player of the month is Justin Verlander. Below are his attributes.
Per TheShowNation, here is a list of all the new POTM cards:
- Justin Verlander, Diamond 92 OVR Astros SP (Program reward)
- Michael Brantley, Diamond 86 OVR Indians LF (Ticket Counter)
- Brandon Crawford, Diamond 85 OVR Giants SS(Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Ross Stripling, Diamond 85 OVR Dodgers SP (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Scooter Gennett, Gold 82 OVR Reds 2B (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Seranthony Dominguez, Gold 81 OVR Phillies RP (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
- Miles Mikolas, Gold 81 OVR Cardinals SP (Program reward)
- Sean Newcomb, Gold 80 OVR Braves SP (Monthly Awards Pack/Market)
To earn Verlander, you must collect all other players of the month (via the methods listed above) and complete missions with each. As it stands right now, May POTM Verlander is one of the best starting pitchers in Diamond Dynasty.
Also dropping today was a roster update featuring attribute upgrades and downgrades. Below are some of the major attribute changes.
- James Paxton, Mariners SP – 84 to 85
- Freddie Freeman, Braves 1B – 85 to 87
- Sean Doolittle, Nationals CP – 81 to 83
- Eddie Rosario, Twins LF – 78 to 81
- Andrew Benintendi, Red Sox LF – 79 to 81
- Brandon Morrow, Cubs CP – 79 to 80
- Blake Snell, Rays SP – 76 to 80
- Jean Segura, Mariners SS – 78 to 80
- Brandon Crawford, Giants SS – 79 to 80
- Ross Stripling, Dodgers SP – 78 to 80
- Nicholas Castellanos, Tigers RF – 78 to 80
- Scooter Gennett, Reds 2B – 76 to 78
- Eduardo Escobar, Twins SS – 76 to 78
- Francisco Cervelli, Pirates C – 75 to 77
- Mitch Moreland, Red Sox 1B – 74 to 77
- Daniel Mengden, Athletics SP – 74 to 76
- Vince Velasquez, Phillies SP – 73 to 76
- Kyle Schwarber, Cubs LF – 71 to 76
- Ben Zobrist, Cubs 2B – 74 to 76
- Michael Wacha, Cardinals SP – 73 to 75
- Jesus Aguilar, Brewers 1B – 73 to 75
- Tyson Ross, Padres SP – 72 to 75
- Teoscar Hernandez, Blue Jays LF – 72 to 75
- Daniel Winkler, Braves RP – 68 to 75
- Seranthony Dominguez, Phillies RP – 66 to 72
- Austin Meadows, Pirates RF – 65 to 72
- Buster Posey, Giants C – 87 to 86
- Carlos Carrasco, Indians SP – 85 to 83
- Adrian Beltre, Rangers 3B – 85 to 83
- Ryan Braun, Brewers LF – 82 to 80
- Dee Gordon, Mariners 2B – 81 to 80
- Ken Giles, Astros CP – 81 to 80
- Cody Bellinger, Dodgers 1B – 83 to 79
- Cody Allen, Indians CP – 80 to 78
- Dallas Keuchel, Astros SP – 80 to 78
- Kyle Seager, Mariners 3B – 78 to 76
- Chase Anderson, Brewers SP – 76 to 74
- Rafael Devers, Red Sox 3B – 76 to 74
- Hector Neris, Phillies CP – 76 to 73
- Zack Godley, Diamondbacks SP – 75 to 73
- Domingo Santana, Brewers RF – 75 to 73
- Aaron Altherr, Phillies RF – 74 to 72
- Emilio Pagan, Athletics SP – 73 to 71
- Luis Valbuena, Angels 3B – 72 to 70
- Rougned Odor, Rangers 2B – 74 to 70
You can find all of this week’s changes here.
In addition to the live roster update and event, new programs are now in Diamond Dynasty. Per TheShowNation, these are the new positional programs:
- Shortstop: Future Stars Gleyber Torres, Diamond 87 OVR, New York Yankees
- Starting Pitcher: Impact Veteran Flashback Anibal Sanchez, Diamond 85 OVR, Detroit Tigers
- Starting Pitcher: Hardware Flashback Bartolo Colon, Gold 81 OVR, LA Angels
- Starting Pitcher: All-Star Flashback Chris Young, Gold 81 OVR, San Diego Padres
- Third Base: Breakout Flashback Josh Harrison, Gold 81 OVR, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Relief Pitcher: Breakout Flashback Phil Hughes, Gold 80 OVR, New York Yankees
Below is a look at future stars Gleyber Torres.
You can read more about all of the new content here.
What do you think of today’s roster update? Are you excited for the new content? Let us know in the comment section below, and don’t forget to subscribe to SGO.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!