Sony San Diego Studio (SDS) released details on new and improved gameplay for MLB The Show 19, which drops for Playstation 4 on March 26. Each Monday leading up to the game’s release, SDS will partner with Gamestop to bring fans information on new features in this year’s game. Today’s video was an in-depth look at improvements for Road to the Show (RTTS). Here’s a full breakdown of the news from today’s Gamestop Monday video, which you can watch below.
— GameStop (@GameStop) February 18, 2019
MLB The Show 19 Road to the Show Improvements
- All-new player archetypes and archetype system
- More impactful player interactions and conversations
- New mini games and challenges, including boss challenges
- All attributes will cap at 99, not just archetype-specific attributes
- More opportunities to improve your player
- All-new workout and training scenes
- All-new player personalities: lightning rod, maverick, captain, heart and soul
- New player perks and perk system
New Legend Revealed
Cliff Lee has made his way into MLB The Show 19. The crafty left-handed pitcher should be a valuable asset in Diamond Dynasty, as he offers a five-pitch arsenal including devastating offspeed pitches. The screenshot below from today’s video broke the news.
MLB The Show 19 News Schedule
In addition to today’s video, SDS has released an upcoming broadcast schedule for all future MLB The Show 19 news. The next news day is Thursday, when the SDS Twitch stream will take an even deeper dive into Road to the Show. Below is the full schedule.
You can watch Sony San Diego’s Twitch broadcasts, including past streams, here.
What do you think of the improvements for Road to the Show in MLB The Show 19? Do these improvements make up for the lack of online franchise mode? Let us know in the comment section below and don’t forget to subscribe to SGO.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!