MLB The Show 20 received a new update this week. Among general bug fixes and game improvements, Update 1.13 also introduces a new Swing Analysis Window.
MLB The Show 20 Update 1.13
Update 1.13 looks to assist players with understanding where they can improve when up to bat. In a nutshell, the idea is to present more essential information to the user in one convenient place.
According to devs, the old Swing Analysis Window lacked critical information to properly inform players. A lot of important information remained scattered throughout different sections of the user interface and menus. This ultimately resulted in confusion and misinterpretation.
With the new Swing Analysis Window, SIE hopes to assist users with understanding the context of information in relation to the result. There are many inputs determining any play result, so SIE focused on covering the most essential information in an intuitive way.
The new window features:
- New batter’s handedness, Contact, Power, and Vision
- Improved user’s swing timing input with a precision scale visualization
- Pitch Location with Pitch Type and Speed
- User’s plate coverage input
- Ballpark and wind occasionally impact the play result
- Launch angle in degrees
- Exit Velocity at bat-ball contact
- Contact Result generalization
- Scorebook result
Other Features and Improvements
In addition, Update 1.13 adds two new updates in Battle Royale. First, all BR entries are free until June 26. This give players a chance to practice draft strategy ahead of the first tournament in MLB The Show 20. The second update in Battle Royale focuses on the two Diamond player rounds. This change will also be in effect for the Summer Circuit tournament.
- 99-97 overall players in the first Diamond round
- 96-90 overall players in the second Diamond round
You can find the other general fixes and improvements from update 1.13 below:
- Several fixes made to Outfielders reactions when making catches in the outfield and near the wall.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the player to lose control of the defensive fielder after throwing to a base in a rundown situation.
- Addressed a bug causing runners to appear like their “skating” while running to the base in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug where base runners move up a base when the batter attempts to drag bunt while simultaneously hit by a pitch.
- Resolved an issue where commentary would not play for Pitcher substitutions.
- Fixed a bug where the pitching meter line would not turn red on early or late throws.
- Addressed a few scenarios where the ball would appear to “warp” into gloves on pick-ups and catches.
Ranked Seasons Pitcher Energy Balance:
- Removed energy regeneration for starting pitchers that pitched in the current game.
Slightly increased energy regeneration for all pitchers that did not pitch in the current game.
- Fixed an issue causing FPS slow-downs in all stadiums in certain situations.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!