Game Update 14 for MLB The Show 21 is live today. The update adds the Field of Dreams, gameplay tweaks, and some UI fixes. The latest update from San Diego Studio was also paired with some server maintenance around 7:00 AM EST. Check out everything touched on in this update below.
MLB The Show 21 Game Update 14
- Higher loss of break for aiming a sinker, changeup, or curveball high in the zone (based on the starting point of the pitch)
- Fixed an issue that would cause a lack of a tag animation when the runner would come into the base standing instead of sliding
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes allow the ball boy to rob a foul ball
- Field of Dreams will be available once the update is live. It is listed under Classic Stadiums. More information is here.
MLB The Show 21 UI
- Pitcher’s handedness is now displayed correctly when viewing the opponent’s bullpen
- Adjustments made for more appropriate crowd reactions with home and away plays
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent crowd audio from playing during the top of the first inning
- Updates to the faces of Sal Romano, Clay Holmes, Clayton Kershaw, Darin Ruf, Sergio Romo, and Joey Gallo
Keep an eye out for more live content for MLB The Show 21 this week. Sony San Diego plans to roll out fresh content throughout the week centered around the Field of Dreams theme. Game Update 14 deploys on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.