During Wednesday afternoon’s Nintendo Direct event, the makers of the Nintendo Switch gave fans a first look at gameplay of MLB The Show 22 on its hybrid console. MLB The Show 22 is the first entry in the series to be available on a Nintendo platform, and is the only edition to be easily playable on the go.
MLB The Show 22 on Nintendo Switch will be on par, feature wise at least, with the last-gen versions of the game for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. That means modes like the Stadium Creator won’t be available for use.
That said, the Switch version will take full advantage of the game’s cross-platform play as well as cross-platform progression. That means if you have a Road to the Show or Franchise Mode going on a different console, you can bring that progress right over to the Nintendo Switch to keep things going. It’s the first time MLB The Show offers a feature like that, and could be one of the more popular ones for a lot of different players.
Other features for the game on the Nintendo Switch include:
- Create and use multiple Ballplayers, beyond your Road to the Show personalized Baseball RPG experience, and customize your Ballplayers how you want to aid in your progression.
- Diamond Dynasty is back and better than ever! Play, collect, and build on your fantasy card collection and bring to life on the diamond.* Try the new Mini Seasons mode, where each season brings new challenges as you face off against a new set of competition!
- Face your friends with cross-platform play.** With cross progression, continue your progress and earn and use content on other console platforms.***
- Stepping up to the plate for the first time? Tailor your experience with gameplay styles and two new difficulty settings to help you get the hang of the basics.
- New Intro Presentations provide the most immersive ballpark experience yet.
- Play March to October in your style, with updated mode tools to utilize custom uniforms, logos, and created stadiums.
- Live out your dream Baseball matchups with new Legends joining the diamond.
MLB The Show 22 launches on April 5 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Those who preorder the Digital Deluxe or MVP Editions of the game will get four days early access starting April 1. It will also be available day one for Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
So sports gamers, what do you think of the MLB The Show 22 gameplay on Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comment section below, and take the conversation further in the official SGO Discord server.