With Shohei Ohtani becoming the first Japanese cover athlete for MLB The Show 22; it’s the perfect fit for the Japanese pitcher to be featured on the first Nintendo Switch version of the popular baseball game. That’s right, this year’s title will be on Nintendo’s home console and will have its own set of features. Based on store listings, the Switch version of the game will have feature parity with last-gen PS4 and Xbox One versions. Sadly, next-gen features like stadium creator won’t make the cut. You can check out all the features coming to MLB The Show 22 on Nintendo Switch below.
MLB The Show 22 is coming to Nintendo Switch, as well as PS4/PS5/Xbox. Cross-progression/play pic.twitter.com/wZKRAKKJll
— Wario64 (@Wario64) January 31, 2022
NOTE: This information comes from the Nintendo eShop.
MLB The Show 22 on Nintendo Switch
- Create and use multiple Ballplayers, beyond your Road to the Show personalized Baseball RPG experience, and customize your Ballplayers how you want to aid in your progression.
- Diamond Dynasty is back and better than ever! Play, collect, and build on your fantasy card collection and bring to life on the diamond.* Try the new Mini Seasons mode, where each season brings new challenges as you face off against a new set of competitions!
- Face your friends with cross-platform play.** With cross-progression, continue your progress and earn and use the content on other console platforms.***
- stepping up to the plate for the first time? Tailor your experience with gameplay styles and two new difficulty settings to help you get the hang of the basics.
- New Intro Presentations provide the most immersive ballpark experience yet.
- Play March to October in your style, with updated mode tools to utilize custom uniforms, logos, and created stadiums.
- Live out your dream Baseball matchups with new Legends joining the diamond.
Why Switch? Why Now?
In 2019, news broke that MLB The Show will no longer be a Playstation exclusive and will be making its way to Xbox and PC. MLB The Show 21 debuted on Xbox Game Pass last April and was a massive success. In an Xbox Wire post, MLB The Show 21 had the second biggest launch week of any sports game on Xbox. However, with such a big launch on Playstation’s main competitor; the Nintendo Switch will bring MLB The Show 22 to even more players and help increase the popularity of baseball.
You can step up to the plate in MLB The Show 22 on April 5, 2022.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!