It’s been a wild week in NBA 2K20 players. After the game was released last Friday, gamers found a bevy of issues, such as long loading screens and badge progression problems. Now, the 2K team has released a major patch for the game just one week after the release of NBA 2K20.
Major NBA 2K20 Patch
This patch is quite large, as it takes up about 23 GB of memory for the Playstation 4, and a whopping 38 GB of space for the Xbox One. With that amount of space that it takes up, it needs to be a patch that fixes most, if not, all of the problems in NBA 2K20. The patch is currently available for PS4 and Xbox One users, and will be available for players on PC and Nintendo Switch soon.
Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed a major issue that was causing the game to hang at intermittent times (e.g. when accessing the VIP Stats menu, when completing games in Domination, when playing Play Now Online games, and more).
- Addressed a number of issues in MyCAREER to greatly improve the user experience in that mode.
- Fixed an issue where some MyPLAYER names would disappear (may need to create a new build to correct existing saves).
- Numerous Gameplay improvements & fixes including: support for standing stepback escapes and finishing alley-oops with Pro Stick, out of bounds awareness improvements, more reliable interior shot defense contact detection, logic fixes for certain badges, and much more.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed users to play players out of position in MyTEAM.
- Fixed an issue where some users were reporting they were not receiving the correct reward cards from Domination games in MyTEAM.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not receiving their awards when achieving new Collector Levels in MyTEAM.
- Many, many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K20
The notes given to us were pretty vague, as it’s hard to tell what “many, many more fixes” really are. The 2K team wrote that they have fixed issues in MyCareer, as well as “hang times,” but time will tell as to whether these will be permanent fixes and make the community happy with the game.
What has the post-patch gameplay been like for you? Let us know in the comments section, and on our social media channels. And be sure to keep checking out the SGO site for more NBA 2K20 news.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!
Here’s an idea. Release the game around October when the NBA season starts like they used to. This way the game is close to being finished.