Sports Gamers Online
NBA 2K22 PC Version

NBA 2K22 PC Version Will Be Last Generation

When NBA 2K22 was announced, a lot of basketball fans were hopeful that 2K Sports would make sure the PC version of the game would be on par with the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 versions of the game. Alas, that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Taking a page out of the EA Sports playbook, the PC version of NBA 2K22 will be in line with the last-gen PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch edition of the series.

Despite the average PC being as, or even more, powerful than the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, 2K Sports still made the decision to keep

“This is something the team is passionate about and will continue to investigate what is possible for the franchise in the future,” 2K Sports said on the game’s website. “For now, the focus was on assuring NBA 2K22 was optimized for the new consoles, while also making sure the experience remains fresh and innovative for players on other platforms.”

NBA 2K22 launches on September 10. The game will be available for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. There are three different versions of the game — Standard, Cross-Gen Digital Bundle, and NBA 75th Anniversary Edition — to buy this year, each having its own benefits.

Are you disappointed that the NBA 2K22 PC Version won’t have the next generation features and improvements? Let us know in the comment section below, and stick with Sports Gamers Online for more.

Related posts

hank
1 day ago

would not annoy me if the higher-ups in 2k suddenly fucking fell over and died

Joints
Joints
4 days ago

Pretty disgusted in the practices they’re using with this franchise, it takes no imagination to work in their team apparently, every PC is capable of performing at rates far greater than the shit over priced consoles, they’ve had to cut backdoor deals with Sony and Microsoft to focus on console sales rather than focus on game improvement and customer satisfaction, I’ve be ees n buying 2k games since ESPN 2k and I can’t fathom a franchise just reusing old assets time and time again and not redeveloping the whole damn thing. Honestly Fuck 2k and their bullshit. You won’t be getting anymore if my hard earned money, create better you bums!

Darkness
Darkness
2 days ago
Reply to  Joints

Byeeeeeeeee

Hector
4 days ago

All about me is only NFL video games travel music movie

LAME 2k
LAME 2k
5 days ago

Definitely wont buy it. Second year behind “next gen” consoles? I Hope no pc gamer buys it so they can feel us with the only way they understand…..Money!

trackback

[…] on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and all previous generation consoles including Switch as well as PC. Three versions of the game will be released both physically and digitally. These include the […]

Mah Lan
Mah Lan
6 days ago

If my laptop can run current gen on maxed out settings easily in silent mode while only using like 30 percent of cpu and gpu, It can probably run next gen.

Christopher Blanchette
Christopher Blanchette
7 days ago

3 times the power of either system and can’t play either of my favorite games unless I fire up the ps5 which doesn’t make use of my height channel speakers, doesn’t go above 60fps, doesn’t have vrr, worse graphics, not 4k, etc. THIS IS INFURIATING. WHAT THE HELL?? Please share any info with me on communities where I can make noise about how messed up this is. I don’t have a Twitter, and these idiots need to know that they are alienating 50% of gamers by doing this. PORT YOUR STUPID GAMES BETTER. I AM SO PISSED. Win a newegg shuffle get a 3090 and can’t play ANY SPORTS GAMES?? Holy…I am angry

itsMitch
itsMitch
6 days ago

I feel the same way. I Tried posting about it on Reddit but nobody cared so I guess we are stuck with current gen

Thedrk221
Thedrk221
6 days ago
Reply to  itsMitch

I posted about it on nba2k sub. seems to get decent support from most of the people there and only people hating on it are console fanboys who think pc shouldnt get support from 2k at all

Gamotin2K
Gamotin2K
7 days ago

2k always disappoints

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x