On Sunday, Saber Interactive released on Steam the 1.1.0 update for NBA Playgrounds. It’s the title’s second patch after the 1.0.3. The update features a lot of new features and updates, and will also add 15 new players to the rosters from yesterday and today (like Dennis Rodman, Larry Bird, and Gary Payton).
You will also be able to send and accept challenges in the all-new Challenge Mode, enjoy adjustments to the shooting engine, and much more.
The update will be available on other platforms in the coming days/weeks.
- Added: The Challenge Mode feature, which allows you to challenge other players to online matches
- You can now switch between unranked challenges and ranked games in the online mode
- To challenge another player, you must switch to the challenge mode in the online menu and define a challenge code. By default, your challenge code is your nickname, but you can change it to your own, personal code. The person you are challenging must enter your code.
- If you have been challenged, please enter your challenger’s code and press “Accept”.
- All challenges are unranked and your ranking/ELO will be unaffected by the results of the challenge.
Steam update! 15 new players in card packs, Shaq alt jerseys, play friends online, quitter punishment, and more! https://t.co/c53RuZ5xFl pic.twitter.com/SSrcpYrCRd
— NBA Playgrounds (@nba_playgrounds) May 21, 2017
- Added: Toxicity system/Disconnection Manager, which penalizes players who abandon matches in any other way than surrendering
- Added: 5 new versions of Shaquille O’Neal in various teams from his career (Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic)
- Added: 15 new players join the roster
- The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich
- Added: A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.
- Added: Steam Cloud Save support
- Added: Steam Big Picture keyboard management
- Adjusted: Shots were adjusted to make the system more accessible and unified throughout all variations
- Adjusted: The steal action was adjusted further to better fit the intended gameplay
- It is now possible to perform a steal action when behind an opponent
- Changed: 3 pointers no longer fill lottery pick bar
- Increased: The difficulty of 3 pointers was increased
- Reduced: The number of steals required for the Las Vegas Challenge #2 was reduced to 10 (was 15)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Paris Challenge #4 was reduced to 6 (was 7)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the London Challenge #1 was reduced to 6 (was 10)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Las Vegas Challenge #3 was reduced to 8 (was 12)
- Reduced: The inbound time was reduced to adjust it to the overall style of the game
- Fixed: Issues related to the strength of the force feedback effects were addressed
Stay tuned on Sports Gamers Online for even more NBA Playgrounds content. We recently posted a review of the game on our website and YouTube channel.