As the release date in September approaches, the Project CARS 2 devs have released more details on the core of their upcoming racing games: the cars.
With 180 cars from some of the world’s largest brands in vehicles, Project CARS 2 has cars for all tastes. Each car in-game represents a whole era of racing. A few cars are still TBA.
As said earlier, the game will feature 180 cars. Those will be the categories:
- Open Wheel (Formula A, Formula Rookie, etc.)
- Vintage Open Wheel (Historical open wheel cars as 1963 Lotus Type 25 Climax, 1970 Lotus Type 51, etc.)
- Indycar Series (2016 Dallaras)
- Vintage Indycar (1960s Lotus)
- Group 4
- Group 5 (Both groups feature BMW, Lotus, and similar cars from the 70s-80s)
- Group 6 (1970s spider racing cars)
- Group A (1991 Audi V8 DTM, 1991 BMW E30 M3 Group A, etc.)
- Group C (1988 Jaguar XJR-9, 1988 Porsche 962C Langheck, etc.)
- GT1 (1997 McLaren F1 GTR Longtail, 1998 Panoz Esperante GTR-1, etc.)
- GTE (2015 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, 2016 Ford GT LM GTE, etc.)
- GT3 (20 cars like 2016 McLaren 650S GYT3, 2015 Mercedes AMG GT3, etc.)
- GT4 (2013 Aston Martin Vantage GT4, 2012 Ginetta G55 GT4, etc.)
Here they come. 180+ cars, 35 elite brands, fully licensed, fully approved, fully tested. Strap yourself in. https://t.co/PHvwQA0LCA pic.twitter.com/ZrtEO2cWPZ
— Project CARS (@projectcarsgame) July 3, 2017
- GT5 (2015 Ginetta G40 GT5)
- LMP1 (2014 Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro, etc.)
- LMP2 (2016 Ligier JS P2 Nissan)
- LMP3 (2016 Ginetta LMP3, 2016 Ligier JS P3)
- LMP900 (2002 Audi R8, 2003 Bentley Speed, etc.)
- Vintage Prototype (1967 Ford GT40 MK. IV, etc.)
- Touring Car (2012 BMW 320 TC E90, 2016 Opel Astra TCR, etc.)
- Vintage Touring Car & GT (1952 Mercedes Benz 300SL, 1972 BMW 2002 Stanceworks Edition, and much more)
- Road Cars (Many road cars from car-makers like McLaren, Pagani, Ford, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, etc.)
- Track Day (Track cards from yesterday and today, including the 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) SMS-R, the 2015 Honda 2+4 Concept, and more)
- WRX (2016 Ford Focus RS Rallycross, etc.)
- RX Lites (2016 Omse RX Supercar Lite)
- Vintage RX (1972 Ford Escort MK1 Rallycross)
- Miscellaneous (Mostly cars, but even a 2011 Kart 100CC)
You can find more details, and the complete list of the featured cars, at the game’s official website. Some cars are part of the Motorsport Pack Season Pass Content or the Japanese Car Pack Pre-Order Bonus.
Project CARS 2 will be released next September 22 on PC, XBox One, and Play Station 4.
Is there a chance for split-screen game? I am very happy for an italian blogger in an american magazine. Perfect news!