The start of the 2021 NBA 2K League season is just a few weeks away, and the league has announced some changes for the upcoming year. The biggest being a change to the league’s alignment and playoff structure.
Starting this season, the league will be broken into two conferences: Eastern and Western. Each team will play everyone in its own conference while also playing teams from the opposing conference. On top of the conference alignment, the playoff field has expanded from eight to 12 teams this year.
The top five teams in each conference automatically qualify for the playoffs. The final two spots will be decided via the annual “The Ticket” tournament where all 13 remaining teams play for the chance. In total, $1.5 million in prize money will be up for grabs this season.
The teams in each conference are as follows:
- 76ers GC
- Celtics Crossover Gaming
- Gen.G Tigers of Shanghai
- Grizz Gaming
- Hawks Talon GC
- Heat Check Gaming
- Hornets Venom GT
- Knicks Gaming
- Magic Gaming
- Nets GC
- Raptors Uprising GC
- Wizards District Gaming
- Bucks Gaming
- Blazer5 Gaming
- Cavs Legion GC
- Jazz Gaming
- Kings Guard Gaming
- Lakers Gaming
- Mavs Gaming
- Pacers Gaming
- Pistons GT
- T-Wolves Gaming
- Warriors Gaming Squad
Like prior years, the 2021 NBA 2K League season will feature three in-season tournaments. Things get started with “THE TIPOFF” to kick off the season; “THE TURN” happens had the midway point; and “THE TICKET” comes right before the start of the 2021 NBA 2K League Playoffs.
2021 NBA 2K League Schedule
In addition to the changes for the upcoming season structure, the league released the entire 2021 season schedule. Each team will start the season playing remotely from its local market with in-person events possible later in the year.
[RELATED: Inside the NBA 2K League Draft with Hawks Talon GC]
Regular season games will begin at 7pm ET each night with four games per night. The league is also introducing themes to each of the night’s broadcasts.
- Wednesday highlights various voices around the NBA 2K League community
- Thursday, dubbed “NBA 2KL Bounce Pass Thursdays” will have all four games happen within a short three-hour window with as many as three games happening at one time.
- Friday will showcase the league’s “Game of the Week” and feature deep dives into the league’s 138 players
- Saturday will feature new broadcast elements and voices for fans.
The full 2021 NBA 2K League Schedule:
- May 19 – 22: THE TIPOFF Powered by AT&T
- May 26 – 29: Regular Season – Week 1
- June 2 – 5: Regular Season – Week 2
- June 9 – 12: Regular Season – Week 3
- June 16 – 19: Regular Season – Week 4
- June 23 – 26: Regular Season – Week 5
- June 30 – July 3: Bye Week
- July 7 – 10: Regular Season – Week 6
- July 14 – 17: THE TURN Powered by AT&T
- July 21 – 24: Regular Season – Week 7
- July 28 – 31: Regular Season – Week 8
- August 4 – 7: Regular Season – Week 9
- August 11 – 14: Regular Season – Week 10
- August 19 – 21: THE TICKET Powered by AT&T
- August 26 – 28: NBA 2K League Playoffs Delivered by DoorDash
- September 4: NBA 2K League Finals Delivered by DoorDash