2023 is shaping up to be an exciting year for gamers, with several highly anticipated titles set for release. Esports enthusiasts are especially lucky. At least several essential games will be offered across different genres like FPS, sports, and fighting games. Experts from PlayCasinosNJ.com prepared this review to provide gamers with information on how to get the most out of their gaming experience. Now, without further delay, let’s take a look at the list of games to be excited for in 2023.
New Unreleased eSports Games to Look Forward To
Counter-Strike 2 is one of the most talked-about game releases of 2023, especially among FPS players. Although it’s not entirely a new game but an update to its predecessor CS: GO titled Source Engine Update or simply “Source 2”. It has been in development for some time now, and Valve has been testing it with new versions of CS: GO in their updates. The Source 2 engine update to CS: GO promises improved graphics, smoother animations, enhanced gameplay mechanics, and other things that excite players for its release.
As one of the best esports games in history, CS: GO has a solid competitive scene that continues to grow. This looming update is expected to breathe new life into this classic game and keep it relevant for years. While there hasn’t been a specific release date, fans eagerly anticipate the update’s arrival in the summer of 2023. However, gamers who prefer more laid-back gameplay can make a step into the live dealer arena and enjoy live games online.
Tekken 8 is a highly anticipated game in the esports world. It’s from Bandai Namco, well-known for their Tekken series and other IP. The new title promises improved graphics, fluid animations, and new characters to play as and locations to explore. Gamers have already seen teasers suggesting it will be an immersive experience while maintaining classic gameplay mechanics.
Online modes will likely see improvements to make playing against others easier. As for the narrative, it’s expected to be more significant than previous installments. Tekken 8 is not one to miss for fans of fighting games and esports!
Street Fighter 6
Street Fighter 6 is the latest entry in Capcom’s beloved Street Fighter series. It is considered one of the most anticipated fighting game releases to expect. The game features a diverse roster of characters, each sporting unique combos, and special moves.
The game boasts polished graphics and refined gameplay mechanics featuring balanced character rosters, improved hitboxes, and so on. It all offers players an immersive experience like never before. Street Fighter 6 is set to include a variety of gameplay modes, from the classic arcade mode to online and local multiplayer. Early beta tests have also been promising, with favorable feedback on graphics and mechanics.
One significant change that fans of the series have noted is the gameplay speed, as Capcom promises to make it faster than ever. So Street Fighter 6 will overwhelm fighting game enthusiasts when it releases in June 2023.
- What platforms will these new esports games be available on?
These games for 2023 will likely be available on multiple platforms, including PC and gaming consoles like Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
- Will these new esports games be free to play?
It varies for each game. CS: GO is and will remain free to play, while Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 are expected to be paid titles.
- What kind of gameplay can we expect from these new esports games?
Counter-Strike 2 delivers tactical first-person shooter mechanisms, while Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 are arcade-style fighting games with diverse character rosters and special moves to master.
Other esports mainstays to get excited about
- EA Sports FC – As FIFA concludes after several decades, fans of football video games await EA’s latest offering: EA Sports FC. The new title aims to fill the void left by FIFA and capture that large fan base looking forward to excitement-packed soccer events.
- Stormgate Beta – This free-to-play RTS blends sci-fi and fantasy elements, reviving the classic feel of titles like Warcraft III. Stormgate Beta promises to scratch that itch for a new esports RTS title not named Age of Empires or StarCraft II
- Valorant Mobile – One of the biggest competitive games globally, Valorant, is heading to mobile devices. Currently in beta testing, this tactical FPS game will likely considerably impact the esports industry due to its proven popularity.
- Madden 24 – Madden 24 is coming and promises to deliver a new level of excitement. Building on the legacy of high-level Madden play, this highly-invested ecosystem will feature smoother animations, enhanced gameplay mechanics, and improved graphics when it launches later this year.
- Cross-platform development is increasingly popular, with creators opting for titles that are easily accessible on various platforms such as PCs, consoles, and mobile devices.
- Features like Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) are becoming more and more used. Software companies seek to create immersive and interactive gaming experiences.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are being utilized to create adaptive and intelligent NPCs, procedural content generation, and personalized gameplay experiences. These new features make esports even more attractive to players all around the world.
- Cloud-based gaming is enabling instant access to a vast gaming library, while esports growth is leading to increased investments in the development of titles tailored to the competitive scene. This sphere is bound to become one of the most highly funded industries in the years to come.
- The indie game development scene is also on the rise. This is happening due to the fact that independent creators are making unique, innovative, and diverse gaming experiences.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!