Earlier today, Electronic Arts shocked the gaming world with the official announcement of its split with the football governing body, FIFA. However, with this news still settling in, the FIFA publisher released its financial report for Q4 and the fiscal year of 2022. Now, most of this stuff is a bunch of large numbers and highly intricate graphs; however, these reports hint at upcoming games EA has in store.
Two New Sports Titles
The graph below states that four new games plus PGA Tour are coming in Q4 of next year. In Electronic Arts fiscal year, Q4 is between January 1 and March 31. EA Sports PGA Tour was delayed earlier this year and is now slated for spring 2023. The other Sports Title could possibly be Skate 4.
Skate 4 has popped up every now and again with new trailers and sneak peeks of the game’s development. Developer Full Circle has stated that people have seen the game and that it’s launching soon. With the Dead Space Remake, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order II, and possibly Skate 4, Electronic Arts want to kick off 2023 with a bang.
Financial Report Highlights
- Net bookings1 for fiscal 2022 was $7.515 billion, up 21% year-over-year.
- Live services and other net bookings were up 17% year-over-year and represent 71% of total net bookings in fiscal 2022.
- The EA player network grew 16% year-over-year to more than 580 million unique active accounts.
- During FY22, EA SPORTS™ FIFA had more than 150 million accounts.
- FIFA Mobile just had the biggest quarter ever with new unique players surging nearly 80% year-over-year.
- Apex Legends™ Season 12 set records for the highest engagement since launch.
- It Takes Two won over 90 awards during FY22.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!
Leave a Reply