To celebrate the launch of EA’s new dodgeball game Knockout City, the publisher is hosting a free nine-day block party across all platforms. The festival-style series runs now through May 30 and is headlined by Academy Award-winning actress Brie Larson, along with other celebrities and gaming personalities.
Knockout City Block Party Schedule
- May 21: Block Party goes live at 5am PT / 8am ET / 12pm UTC
- May 22: Community Crew Up gets under way as streamers invite their communities to help them reach in-game goals to unlock prizes for their audience. Watch Brie Larson, BrookeAB and Sykkuno form a team to play 3v3 live on Brie’s YouTube channel!
- May 23: Start rocking custom Crew Logos, Crew Banners, and Player Icons from a few different content creators
- May 24: Join the Knockout City Discord to play rounds of Knockout City with the dev team, chat about the game and hang out
- May 25: Season 1 Kickoff: Welcome to Knockout City drops with a new map called Jukebox Junction, a weekly rollout of eight new Playlists, League Play, Season Contracts, Weekly Crew Contracts and more
- May 26: Round 1 of Dodge the Devs, where players can take a whack at knocking out devs in-game for special prizes
- May 27: Round 2 of Dodge the Devs!
- May 28: Community Tournament Day 1, where 64 teams in North America and 64 in Europe will compete for a chance to be crowned victor.
- May 29: Community Tournament Day 2, where the top 8 teams in both regions from Day 1 continue to compete for a $10k North American and $5k European prize pool
- May 30: Block Party ends at 5am PT / 8am ET / 12pm UTC
Knockout City is the latest title in Electronic Arts’ sports game expansion. The “dodgebrawl” game aims for fast-paced action across its five interactive multiplayer maps. Up to 32 players can team up across platforms to form crews. In addition to cross-play, Knockout City also features cross-progression, allowing crews to switch between platforms with progress intact.
Players who purchase Knockout City during the Block Party will gain access to rewards such as hairstyles, intro poses, KO effects, and 500 Holobux. The game is available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC for $19.99.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!