Late last month Electronic Arts released a low poly teaser trailer of Skate 4. The Trailer showed off some hilarious wipeouts, fluid controls, and a glimpse at a new city. In addition, EA announced that players were able to sign up for a playtest beta to get a first look at the game. As players are getting their hands on Skate 4 reasonably early, one Reddit user took to the site to leak some info about EA’s upcoming Skate game.
The following information is a rumor. Treat the following info as such.
Skate 4 Leak Info
Reddit user MYNAMEISHENDRIK claims he knows a friend participating in the beta and wanted to detail his experience with Skate 4. He has since updated the master post with additional info he claims he has received from other playtesters. You can check some of his notes below; for the full list click here.
- Playtest was still untextured as in the recent trailer and the leak some months ago
- runs on Frostbite Engine
- Map: Test map is called “Fun City”. Seems to be only a small test section of the full map
- Test map was a mixture of new areas and old untextured areas from the original games. Playtest includes the Community Center from Skate 1even with details like the mini-ramp where we all learned pumping. So maybe “San Vansterdam” could be the third redesign of San Vanelona. But it could also be a completely new city with some of the original map pieces which were only included for the playtest.
- Bus stops are fast travel points. Yes, literally bus stops. You can see their icons on the map image above
- Three different controls presets: Classic, Streamlined, Experienced.
- Could maybe replace the difficulty settings and be more suitable for different playstyles ranging from ultra-realistic to arcade insane Skate 3 like tricklines. There were also dedicated PC controls.
- Two camera options: high and low camera angle. User can switch instantly by pressing the right stick
- First time in the Skate series where you can choose to push with the sticks. Player can turn off.
- Character customization: In the playtest there were some different shirts and cap colors which could be equipped and in the final game it’s crucial to progress in the game and improve your skills in order to unlock new clothes and items. For example you need a certain skill level to purchase clothes from Dime.
Leaked Map of Fun City
As we stated before, these Skate 4 leaks should be taken with a grain of salt. However, we will know more about Skate 4 later at this month’s Electronic Arts showing.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!