Finally, boxing fans rejoice. After years of patiently waiting and two beta trials, Steel City Interactive’s Undisputed boxing game is coming to Steam early access on January 31.
Undisputed Hits Early Access
Steel City’s debut boxing franchise hits early access and will feature over 50 playable fighters, including Tyson Fury, Canelo Alvarez, and Deontay Wilder. The game will also feature a fully realized women’s division and six unique fight locations. In addition, players can enjoy Undisputed offline against friends, or they can go online to put their skills to the test. The game will require a controler and doesn’t support the keyboard and mouse.
- Revolutionary footwork mechanics, including a Loose Movement modifier to help players move around the ring with ease.
- More than 60 individual punches. Players can punch from multiple angles, feint to set up a trap and counter.
- All the tools needed to be a defensive wizard. Players can slip punches, weave, dodge and block.
- Physics-driven interactions – punches can sometimes go around or even through the guard.
- Up close and personal inside, fighting like never before.
Undisputed First Impressions
Our faithful staff writer Steven Montani got to play Undisputed during its initial beta stage. He praised the game for its looks and controls, even liking it to EA’s Fight Night series.
I believe the game will play fundamentally sound. So far, I think the game will follow in Fight Night’s shadow control-wise, as I have spoken about. There is no need to reinvent the wheel for the core control scheme(s). Considering we are playing on similar controllers from the last two generations, Undisputed looks a feels like a refresh of Fight Night gameplay, in 2022. And I’m perfectly happy to see that. – Steven Montani, Undisputed gameplay thoughts.
As of now, Undisputed will only be available on PC. Unfortunately, there is no announcement when the game will come to consoles, but hopefully, it will make it there after the early access stage.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!