Over thirty years later, Ziggurat Interactive’s World Championship Boxing Manager returns. The newest boxing management sim, World Boxing Championship Manager II, hits Steam today.
World Championship Boxing Manager II Interview
Last year, I interviewed Ziggurat Interactive’s content coordinator Raven Law about World Championship Boxing Manager II. Maga Cat Studios’ latest boxing management sim allows players to explore the legendary stories of Rocky Marciano and Sugar Ray Robinson. In addition to the legendary stories, players will have a full roster of fighters to train, customize, and lead to victory in various tournaments.
Raven explained that while World Championship Boxing Manager II stays true to the first game’s look and feel, some new elements enhance the players’ experience.
“In the original game, what was missing is that you didn’t actually see the physical fight with the boxers. You got to hear more of like, silly, colorful commentary. Where in this game, you will get to see the fights as well., so that is something that we brought into the modern gaming realm.”
Mega Cat Studios wanted its boxing sim to pay homage to the original game by staying true to the retro style and enhancing it with modern gaming elements that long-term fans would appreciate.
- An awesome stable of sluggers and staff, including iconic licensed characters, Sue “Tiger Lily” Fox, Rocky Marciano™ and Sugar Ray Robinson™!
- 32-bit visuals with modern features, including dynamic lighting and a fight cam to watch your fighter duke it out in real-time
- An extensive skill system lets players build the pugilist of their dreams. Be it a hard-hitting ring king, a one-punch wonder, or a super stamina warrior of the knock-down-drag-out fight; it’s up to the player to create a training path to victory
- A complete hiring system lets players ensure they have the best training team (and business managers) for their fighters — even if some of that staff might be a little unorthodox!
- Twitch integration allows streamers and their viewers to take part in the boxing experience together with viewer-triggered random in-game events that can help or hinder the player.
- Jam-packed with the humor, heart, and personality that made the original game so popular!
World Championship Boxing Manager II is out now on Steam, and will be coming to consoles very soon.
Will you be picking up Mega Cat Studios’ latest boxing game? Let us know in the comments. Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!
Leave a Reply