The latest entry in the continually building Axis Football series is right around the corner for PC gamers. The team announced Wednesday that Axis Football 2021 is releasing on Steam August 26. This would put the indie simulation football title’s release date just two days ahead of Madden 22. For those both familiar and unfamiliar with Axis Football, here’s a rundown of everything new coming to this year’s game.
Everything New in Axis Football 2021
- Added NFL-style league setup option for franchise mode with two conferences and four divisions each.
- Added the option to select which teams will participate in your franchise.
- Axis Hall of Records: track all-time team and individual leaders across a wide range of single game, season, and career stats.
- A complete (NFL-style) overtime rule set complete with a coin toss.
- Touchdown and after-play celebrations.
- Dozens of new animations and smoother gameplay.
- Field Flipping: the offense will now drive both directions on the field.
- Redesigned AI play-calling and clock management.
- Before and after play player movement (walking to/from huddle).
- Create-a-Team feature.
- Logo Editor: choose from hundreds of stock images, then edit their colors.
- Team Colors Editor: choose from hundreds of templates or create your own.
- Team Details (name, city) Editor.
- Field and Endzone Editor: change your field style and endzone design.
- Playcalling Strategy Editor: change which types of plays are called on a variety of down and distances.
- Redesigned Uniform editor with massive customization.
- Added the ability to change a player’s position in the Player Editor.
- Career Stats for players will now track all of the teams a player has been on.
- Kick returners and punt returners can now be set on the depth chart.
- Added keyboard support to several on-screen keyboard screens.
- Loads of new animations for QB, linemen, backs, receivers, and defenders.
- Added logic for throwing receivers open.
- New stat tracking: Yards after catch, tackles for loss, return stats, and more.
- Separated different touchdown types (receiving, rushing, defensive) into their own stat category.
- New stadiums (Arizona, Dallas, and Detroit).
- Bug fixes from previous versions.
Franchise Mode Features
- Multiple league setup options (NFL-style, Tier style).
- All-time Record Tracking
- Player Contracts
- Practice Squads
- Free Agency
- Retiring Players
- Weekly and Yearly Awards
- Dynamic, tiered league structure with playoffs, promotions, and relegations.
- Unlimited seasons
- 16 week seasons
- Player progressions based on performance, age, potential, and playtime.
- End of season drafts
- Season-long team stats
- Individual league leader stats
- Franchise stats
- Depth chart control
- Play, coach, spectate, or simulate matches.
- League and team schedule viewer
- Spectate other matches
Axis Football 2021 Game Modes
- Player vs. AI
- Coach Mode (One and two-player)
- Spectator Mode
- Local Player vs. Player
- Franchise Mode
While PC players are just about a week out from being able to get their hands on Axis Football there is still no word when to expect console releases. However, most expect a September release for Xbox and PlayStation.
That said, how are you feeling about Axis Football 21 releasing soon on Steam? Are you looking forward to its release? Let us know in the comments. Additionally, be sure to keep up with Sports Gamers Online as we continue to keep you up-to-date on all the latest football gaming news.