On Thursday, Madden dropped a roster update and today they’re dropping September’s title update.
The Madden team states that they’ve been listening to your feedback and have made some changes based on that feedback. You can provide additional feedback on their forums. Here are the changes coming to Madden 19:
Note: I am going to cherry pick some of the most important ones. This is quite the extensive list. You can view the update in its entirety if you’d like.
- Added a signature celebration by Douglas Veney. Veney was the Touchdown Dance Challenge winner from EA Play.
- Changed the formula for defenders’ ability to play the ball in the air.
- NFL Rules Point of Emphasis was added. Dives by ball carrier will be considered as giving themselves up on the play. This includes QB slides.
- New filter options to the Roster and Draft recap menus.
- Added new “To Do” items for weekly and yearly awards, pro bowl and upgrading players.
- Added XP values to the Skill Point progressions bar on the Player Card.
- Added an All-Team filter option.
- Updated draft generator so players at the top of the draft projections are younger.
- Added some missing historical seasons stats for various players.
- Fixed an issue where character models wouldn’t load in Franchise Hub.
- Updated bottom line ticker so it doesn’t show upset alerts until Week 6.
- Updated draft generator so players come out with varying QB throwing animations
- Added Captains patch to player model in Locker Room environment when playing as a Player
- Removed the incorrect Coach Scheme that was visible on the Owner Goals menu
- Fixed issue where wrong Super Bowl number was shown
- Tuned cut logic so rookies drafted in the first four rounds are valued higher
- Added the Wembley Stadium to the Seahawks vs. Raiders game
- Fixed issues preventing the Highlight Coverage UI from appearing in some cases
- Fixed an issue of blank play art in the Play-call Screen for plays Zona Shallow and Zona Slants in the Cardinals playbook, as well as plays Pistol Trips Inside Smash and Pistol Trips HB Draw in the Pistol Playbook
- Fixed a lighting issue causing the in-game lighting to be overexposed after manually skipping the pre-game runout sequence
- Fixed an issue causing the player to dive in the wrong direction when attempting dive tackles while in the Defensive Player lock camera
- Updated player likeness for the following players:
- Cowboys CB Chidobe Awuzie
- Bears HB Tarik Cohen
- Seahawks CB Shaquill Griffin
- Ravens TE Hayden Hurst
- Chargers CB Desmond King
- Titans OLB Harold Landry
- Cowboys CB Jourdan Lewis
- Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue
- Bills QB Nathan Peterman
- 49ers WR Dante Pettis
- Chiefs MLB Reggie Ragland
- Falcons WR Calvin Ridley
- Cardinals TE Ricky Seals-Jones
- Bears MLB Roquan Smith
- Broncos WR Courtland Sutton
- Buccaneers DT Vita Vea
- Cowboys QB Mike White
- Tuning to decrease the frequency of fumbles when using the Strip Ball mechanic
- Tuning to increase the frequency of broken tackles when setting the Strip Ball coach adjustment to Aggressive
- Tuning to increase the Out of Position penalty for using defensive players on offense
- Tuning to decrease the number of fumbles that occur when the ball carrier is tackled by getting his feet taken out from behind
- Pass Coverage
- Fixed an issue preventing Cover 3 and Cover 4 zones from covering Fake Screen Wheel plays properly
- Fixed an issue causing Cover 4 Palms to overplay out routes from the slot instead of covering streaks behind it
- Fixed an issue causing Cover 4 Quarters to leave the Seam route uncovered with an RB route to the same side
- Fixed an issue preventing defenders in match zones from properly covering double-move routes
- Updated the formula used to determine defenders’ ability to play the ball in the air to allow for more opportunities for defenders to use jump catches, specifically user-controlled defenders
- Fixed an issue preventing a catch animation from playing on user-controlled defenders when holding the Play Ball button before the pass is released
- Fixed a rare issue causing kick returners to incorrectly use a catch drop animation after catching the ball, in which case he would stand in place with the ball and not run
- Fixed a player warping issue on kick returns
There are a ton of more updates coming to Madden 19. Check out the complete list of title updates in the link above.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by registering at the official Sports Gamers Online Forums, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!