The long awaited scouting update for the Madden 22 Connected Franchise Mode is now live. As a reminder, to take advantage of the new scouting, you will need to restart your franchise. You have the choice to start or continue your franchise play with legacy scouting now, which you can keep after the Title Update, or restart to unlock the new feature.
Madden 22 Scouting Features
The Madden 22 Scouting update, which has been long awaited, features many changes as we move on from legacy scouting. Some of these features, specifically the key percentage unlocks, are very comparable to the recruiting system in the NCAA football games. Below is a list of important changes and new features.
Each prospect has key percentage unlocks along the way:
- 1% – Baseline physical information for prospects
- 10% – Player Notes including traits, throw style, etc.
- Every 10% – 1 attribute is revealed on the skill tab as a letter grade
- 70% – Player archetype is revealed
- 100% – All player attributes and true talent range are revealed Scouting relevant schedule from regular season and beyond:
- Week 1: Final time to re-assign/hire/fire scouts and prospects become available
- 2nd Week: Assign region scouts to individual positions
- Week 8: Assign national scout to individual positions
- Week 11: Choose 3 players to focus on where you’ll unlock 30% of a players profile
- Free Agency Stage 2: Combine info is revealed.
- Free Agency Stage 3: Choose 3 players to host for private workouts where you’ll unlock 40% of a players profile. Pro Bowl info is also revealed
- Free Agency Recap: Select private workouts
The new features include:
- A full scouting department
- In-depth scouting reports including player physicals, traits, and ratings
- News content that will move players up or down the media big board, impacting draft stock
- Mock drafts providing a snapshot of who teams are interested in throughout the season
As apart of the full scouting department, there is now scout hiring, of which you hire scouts for 5 different regions. The regions go as follows: national, western, central, north east, and south east. Each regional scout has positional strengths, so be sure to assign your scouts accordingly. Depending on scout level, they have more strengths or more weaknesses than comparable scouts.
The Madden 22 scouting update also features scouting reports unique to each player with story lines that directly effect ratings over time. Included in these scouting reports it shows the key strengths and weaknesses a player possesses, as well as ratings which reveal as you further scout a prospect. Each report directly relates to their overall rating as well. The more strengths they have, the higher their overall or development trait could potentially be.
The reports also give the top destinations for the prospects based off of archetype, team needs and other factors. As the player is scouted more, based off of the aforementioned percentages, you learn more and more, giving you confidence when selecting your future star, or pass on a bust.
The update features a dynamic mock draft system that updates based off of the draft stories that get reported throughout the season. Similar to real life, the players will improve and decline and the mock drafts will reflect that information. The draft stories are fully detailed and give performance information of prospects.
Let us know what you think of the new update in the comments below!