Players got their hands on the Madden 23 Beta ahead of the game’s full launch in August. To no one’s surprise, the community had loads of feedback for EA to filter through. The more detailed the feedback was, the more likely the team at EA Tiburon would focus on those issues. With that said, below are a few issues that will be addressed post-beta.
Madden 23 Beta Feedback
- Don’t Drastically Change the Game/Leave Coverage Reaction Time Alone (670 Votes – 514 Comments)
- DEV NOTE: The number one feedback topic we received! Rest assured Madden community, our vision of game balance is consistent with yours and the gameplay you experienced in the Closed Beta is what you’ll be playing on launch day. There has been polish added and bugs fixed from players’ feedback to make it even better, but the overall experience will be as you played in the Closed Beta.
- Add Referees back to the Game/On the Field (289 Votes – 297 Comments)
- DEV NOTE: While referees returning to the field during live gameplay is not something we will be able to deliver in Madden 23, it is something that we want to get as badly as our players; we want to make sure that when refs do return, they return in a state where visual quality is on par with the rest of the characters on the field; refs is very high on our future roadmap.
Face of the Franchise & The Yard Feedback
- More Customization options for Create-a-Player:
- DEV NOTE: Our focus for customization in Madden NFL 23 was more on the progression and skills side than visual customization, with the goal of giving players more freedom in how they use skill points per each of the available positions. We also added options to reset and ‘Re-Spec’ your character’s skill points and body type/archetype at any time. There are few new visual customization options that we do want to mention: 6 towel placement slots, two new options for jersey fit, and updated gear.
The developers addressed tattoos coming to the game and suggested that it’s on their roadmap for future iterations. For the complete list of the beta feedback, you can check it out here.
Did you play the Madden 23 beta? What do you think about this year’s game? Let us know in the comments. Madden 23 will release worldwide on August 19.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!
Very nice, The player played very well.