With its release coming on August 10, the build up to Madden NFL 19 is in full swing.
To start the hype train, EA Sports announced the first details of the game’s franchise mode. It wasn’t a full dive into the changes to the mode, but there were some pretty big and interesting details to come out of the game reveal.
What’s coming in this year’s game? Let’s take a quick look.
Franchise: Control your scheme and develop players all the way to the Super Bowl!
Strategy is key in your decisions as you take complete control over how you build your dynasty with three all-new franchise-building concepts. Design your team by selecting authentic offensive and defensive schemes then train, develop, and/or acquire players that fit your scheme using all-new positional archetypes. See your championship scheme come to life as you lead your team to multiple Super Bowls!
All-New Franchise-Building Concepts
- Scheme Selection: Build your roster to best fit your gameplay style with authentic offensive and defensive schemes and be rewarded with individual player and overall team rating boosts when your players and schemes align.
- Depth Chart Positions: Designate players to fill specific roles that best fit your scheme on both sides of the ball and on special teams.
- Player Development
- Positional Archetypes: Your scheme determines which archetype is best for each position. Each positional archetype comes with strengths and weaknesses, making your decisions about who to build your team around much more important. Choose from up to four archetypes at each position on offense and defense to fit within your selected schemes.
- Skill Points System: A new Skill Points system provides a more seamless and balanced method for player development. Earn XP on the field to earn Skill Points to help boost a player one OVR point. Each Skill Point upgrade will permanently boost multiple ratings related to the selected archetype.
- Custom Draft Class Creator: Create, share, and import custom draft classes inspired by your favorite players from the past and present.
The addition of the draft class creator is likely going to be the biggest new addition to the mode for many players, but definitely not everyone. So now we want to hear from you. What are you excited about from Madden NFL 19’s franchise mode? What are you hoping still gets announced? Let us know in the comment section below.
Madden NFL 19 launches on August 10 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.