MLB The Show 23’s latest game update is now live. This update is the 7th since the game’s release in late March. This update fixes a number of graphical issues. The patch also adds the Baltimore Orioles City Connect uniforms to the game and makes some changes to the Showdowns in Diamond Dynasty. Lastly, the update has a message from the development team explaining their reasoning for making the BR and Ranked Seasons Program rewards non-sellable. The full patch notes are listed below:
Full Patch Notes
- Baltimore Orioles City Connect uniforms have been added.
- Earlier this week, we fixed an issue where a user would not see additional cards of a player with the same name when attempting to make a change in the manage squad screen.
- Various fixes to visual issues related to the Unlimited Rewards section of the XP Reward Path.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate text would show in the background of program missions when scrolling up and down through the program.
- Fixed a specific crash when exiting a Mini Seasons or Conquest game.
- In a content update later this week, all Incognito series player items will now be referenced by their nicknames in various screens such as Player Card, Marketplace, Box Score and more.
- Fixed an issue where auto pitch could be intentionally disabled in any online mode.
- Fixed a freeze that could occur when a controller was disconnected as the ball was put into play.
- Fixed an issue where fans would initially appear covered in shadows.
- Various bug fixes.
Gameplay Balance Changes
- There are no gameplay balance changes at this time.
Live Content Balance Changes
We’ve made the following adjustments to the Charisma Series Other Program in Diamond Dynasty, which went live earlier this week:
- Added a Repeatable Mission:
- 1,500 Parallel XP with Charisma Series players will grant 10 program points.
- The difficulty for the first four mini bosses is now set to Rookie (previously Veteran).
- An additional two outs are given when playing the final three mini bosses.
- An additional run has been given when entering the final boss battle.
Developer Insight – Explanation of Changes to Ranked Seasons & Battle Royale Program Rewards
We’ve seen a lot of discussion regarding the implementation of non-sellable program rewards in the Ranked Seasons and Battle Royale reward paths, and wanted to take the opportunity to provide some clarity and insight into our decisions. This area has been a topic of internal discussion for a long time, and was not a spur-of-the-moment decision.
When the Battle Royale program was first implemented, the goal of the program was to ensure that no matter your skill level, you would not be gated from flawless rewards. Our design intent was to provide an avenue for the player who could not go 12-0 to still be able to enjoy some of the rewards in the program, and we feel we’ve been successful in that regard.
Over time, these programs have become less about having access to program rewards, and more about selling the program rewards for stubs to use in other areas of the game. From our perspective, it was never our intent for the program reward to be immediately discarded, and we feel it goes against our original goals stated above. Players are no longer using the program paths as a means of acquiring the program players, and in that regard, the programs are not serving the purpose we strived for.
After these changes, players of any skill level are still able to grind the programs and receive rewards from that program, even if they aren’t able to go 12-0 in Battle Royale or make World Series in Ranked Seasons. Battle Royale and Ranked Seasons also still have sellable rewards that you can earn for win streaks, win thresholds, or by climbing the ratings leaderboard, including a new Co-op Ranked leaderboard which allows players to earn additional Ranked Seasons rewards.
We feel that by making the reward path players non-sellable, we are able to reach a middle ground between allowing our players always to have access to the rewards in a meaningful way, while also balancing the modes. By introducing non-sellable program rewards, we are aligning with our original goals for the programs in a much stronger way than the previous structure.
We will strive to communicate in a similar fashion when changes are made in the future.
Want to talk sports and/or games with the fastest-growing community in gaming? Join the conversation by joining us on Discord, and check out our Twitter and Facebook pages as well as our growing YouTube Channel!
I currently make at least $37,000 a month on the road doing extremely honest and clean work online from home. “l19 Now stay close to this job and earn more online until , after training on a specific website.
Click here…… USD Work